Contest Results Silver Lake Sand Dunes Apple & BBQ Cookoff Festival Silver Lake, MI. September 12 & 13 2008 ***Results Added***

tonto1117

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Looking foward to a fun weekend and hopefully some beautifull early Fall weather and some Honey Crisp apples!! Who's in?

Theresa.....
This event has been cancelled.
Maybe you should sign up for Sharonville.......:twisted: :cool: :biggrin:

Can we park next to you??? (windblock mod) :cool:

Can we park next to you??? (windblock mod) :cool:

No problem.....you can set up camp on the side of the coach facing the dunes..:twisted::tongue:. Also don't forget to put up that big azz canopy...always wanted to see you wind surf....:biggrin:

Seriously, I sure hope it's not as bad as last year...we had it pretty good, but the guys up front had wind burn.

Was it windy? I don't even remember that.. But my backside of my RV might of been blocking that too...

Great contest... Jeff has made it better each year. Location is awesome and the crowds are unbelievable...

Try and have fun without me... :roll:

Was it windy? I don't even remember that.. But my backside of my RV might of been blocking that too...

Great contest... Jeff has made it better each year. Location is awesome and the crowds are unbelievable...

You will be quite missed this year Scottie.......:twisted:
Definetly saves on GJ!!

They are at 30+ teams as of this morning.:cool: Anybody up for a potluck on Friday night? Jeff has been kind enough to say we can use the judging tent for it after the Amateur BBQ awards which is at 6:00pm....so I'm thinking 6:30pm would work. If so put me down for a tray of smoked sausage, onions and peppers.

Somthings telling me to pack an extra bottle of JD....just in case...:wink:

I've got a free entry to the Salem, Illinois contest... But you can save that bottle for me for another time! :wink:

I've got a free entry to the Salem, Illinois contest... But you can save that bottle for me for another time! :wink:
Are you still doing Salem now that it is not sanctioned? If yes- way to go. I hope you guys can save it for next year although I'll always choose Silver Lake over it.

secret weapon

Carol and I will be there and we are planning to bring our new secret weapon.

I'm taking the week off so I should be able to cook something for a pot luck. Will let you know sometime next week. May bring some cider and Cap'n if somebody brings a stove to cook it on.

Carol and I will be there and we are planning to bring our new secret weapon.

I'm taking the week off so I should be able to cook something for a pot luck. Will let you know sometime next week. May bring some cider and Cap'n if somebody brings a stove to cook it on.

Have stove...will travel....:-D 8)

Maybe I could convince the wife I was abducted for a day or two...

New secret Weapon???
Not something you'd be interested in. A new team member and official taste tester. AKA Pearl the 9 week old Brittany pup. Hopefully we pick her up this Saturday.

Shoot I was all ready to sneak out and worm my way around the pond to see some new fancy cooker or sumthin.Dogs are good too.Now there wont be any chicken left to taste....

I'm in, will be bringing the Gator for the last ride. The folks at Beale St. Smokehouse BBQ bought it at Mt. Moriss, with the stipulation that I bring it to Silver Lake, and point them in the right direction. Will be drumming it myself that weekend. Potluck sounds good.

Got a nice info package in mail yesterday from Jeff Clark, great organizer.

Anyone live near, or passing by Ann Arbor on the way home? College student complaing about cafeteria food mod.

I am sick as a dog up in northern Michigan right now. Hoping like heck to be well enough to cook next weekend. Theresa, let me know more about the potluck. Anyone need our room at the Dunes on Saturday night after the comp? We had to sign up for 2 nights.

I hope to be there. I have been busy as heck at work with Hurrican Gustav, and now they are saying that Ike may hit Florida as a Category 2 or 3. If it hits the right spot in Florida I am basically screwed and have to stay home and work...

I hope to be there. I have been busy as heck at work with Hurrican Gustav, and now they are saying that Ike may hit Florida as a Category 2 or 3. If it hits the right spot in Florida I am basically screwed and have to stay home and work...

Ya, you would make me cook by myself......

Motley Que will be rolling in Friday. We'll have the MI team and a few friends. Looking forward to seeing everyone! I hope it's less windy this year.

Back