• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Scallion Pancakes

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Someone asked me for the recipe awhile back and I forgot to post it.

This is really easy to make!

I start with 2 cups of flour..

7Id0X6F.jpg

add one cup of boiling water..

LQsRzg1.jpg

When cool enough to handle, knead for 10 minutes then cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 35 minutes.

Divide the dough into fourths..

3KWEODZ.jpg

I used some of my home canned bacon for this but fry up a few slices of bacon...

EkAEI4g.jpg

6JV5uNz.jpg

hIbQiyH.jpg

O01lFre.jpg

Roll each fourth of dough out and spread with bacon drippings, sprinkle with salt, add crisp bacon and sliced scallions.
You can use anchovies instead of the salt but I usually go with coarse salt.

d7tqcP0.jpg

Roll into a log...

ieXzxSK.jpg

Pinch to seal the ends...

qnBCDQX.jpg

Roll into a "snail" shape....

MqI79il.jpg

Then flatten to about 1/2 an inch thick...

9b3rA86.jpg

Fry on both sides, til crisp and golden...

H6AiXcA.jpg

Cut into serving pieces...

bu11vkL.jpg

I like to dip them in a sweet, spicy dip, but they are great without anything.

VuWZ5XK.jpg

I like to make these to fit my toaster. I bag and freeze them and when I want one, I can crisp it up in the toaster.

I've heard these called scallion pancakes, chinese pizza, or onion cakes.
Just something different and easy to try!

Thanks for looking!

Those look great. I made some yesterday as well. I found a recipe online but I'll try yours for sure. Made a 1/2 recipe and one big pancake that we split. No bacon though and I'm so jealous.

Scallion-pancakes-5.jpg

Scallion-pancakes-7.jpg

Scallion-pancakes-8.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great. I made some yesterday as well. I found a recipe online but I'll try yours for sure. Made a 1/2 recipe and one big pancake that we split. No bacon though and I'm no jealous.

Scallion-pancakes-5.jpg

Scallion-pancakes-7.jpg

Scallion-pancakes-8.jpg

Thanks! Yours look tasty! :thumb:

Awesome. :clap2:

Thanks Adams! Spring seems have finally arrived! :grin:

Loving the looks of this! This might actually happen here at casa de gtr today! We definitely have all the indgredients and I've got lots and lots of bacon grease on hand. :whoo:

Love it! Hope everything is well with you, Jeanie!

Thanks Jeanie...I have always thought those sounded good...just haven't been able to decide which recipe/method to use...now I know.

Yours look sooo tasty!!

That looks delicious Jeanie! :hungry: :hungry:

Thanks Husker! Hope all is going well with you and family!

Loving the looks of this! This might actually happen here at casa de gtr today! We definitely have all the indgredients and I've got lots and lots of bacon grease on hand. :whoo:

Love it! Hope everything is well with you, Jeanie!

Heck Greg, they are so easy to make! Hope you give em a try. Be sure to salt them before rolling. You could add salt to the flour but the recipe I use just mentions using salt or sardines. It works. lol
All is well here. No change in my life what so ever. If it weren't for the news, I'd have no clue anything was going on. Friend's are building a house, the cattle are calving, turkey season starts today. All is well. Hope you're doing well too!!

Thanks Jeanie...I have always thought those sounded good...just haven't been able to decide which recipe/method to use...now I know.

Yours look sooo tasty!!

Thank you Barry! I hope you give them a try. You can add as many scallions as you like. Can't go wrong with bacon in anything. imo. lol
Keep safe!

As always, amazing! I can see lots of possibilities as far as the fillings go! Can't wait for the scallions in the garden to grow some. We love fresh scallions and use them religiously when we have them. Vidalias are due in 1o days I think, may have to try some with sauteed onions while waiting on the scallions.

As always, amazing! I can see lots of possibilities as far as the fillings go! Can't wait for the scallions in the garden to grow some. We love fresh scallions and use them religiously when we have them. Vidalias are due in 1o days I think, may have to try some with sauteed onions while waiting on the scallions.

Bill, your sauteed onions would be delicious!
I'm the same, I could put scallions in everything. I love em. lol
Hope you give this a try sometime. Thanks! :grin:

Last edited:
Canned bacon??? Is that regular smoked bacon, that is cooked and vacuum sealed? I have never seen that before but I am intrigued.

EDIT: I checked out your blog and found it. I never would have thought to can bacon fat, but it sounds like a good long term plan!

Last edited:
Back