MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
Tebluth
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Todd
Default First Competition-Brisket-Injection Recipes?

Hi all-

I’ll spare you all the details, but suffice to say I’ve been conscripted into a bbq team my office put together to participate in a local charity competition. Apparently bringing a pork shoulder in to work means I know what I’m doing. I was put in charge of smoking the brisket.

Except I don’t have a damn clue when it comes to brisket. So I smoked one for practice on my Weber kettle and it turned out...ok for a first try. Now I want to kick it up a notch before the competition in June. They’re bringing in a KCBS judge so I need to come correct with the brisket.

I built a UDS and it works great. And it just so happens that my parents came to visit from dallas and brought along a big pack of bbq rub from a small outfit near Tyler, TX. I plan to use this as a seasoning base to a Texas-style brisket. So on to my questions:

1. The rub consists of sugar, salt, and spices per the package. Any way I could turn this into an injection?

2. Anyone have a suggestion for a good Texas brisket injection?

3. Finally, I’m probably opening the floodgates here, but I’m counting on that. Any tips/advice for someone about to do his first bbq comp?

THANKS FRIENDS!
Tebluth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brisket, competition bbq, Injections