Almost done fixing up an Assassin 28. Can't get the pitmasteriq attached!!

JKCDN

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hi -

I am in the final stages of repainting, replacing gaskets and cleaning out a new to me Assassin 28. I will post photo's of the before and after and a full rundown on the process I went through, but I'm stumped on how to attached the pitmasteriq 110. You can see in this photo, that I have some strange unthreaded coupler on my smoker and the threaded end of the hose barb is not fitting.

IMG_20180924_180926_zpskmwguhqf.jpg

Here is the barb I got with the pitmaster sitting inside the coupler, it's a tight fit so I guess it would work but it looks like crap.

IMG_20180925_093613_zps3dmo8qvw.jpg

Finally, the last photo shows that even if I can remove the unthreaded coupler, the diameter of the barb is to big .......

IMG_20180924_180952_zpsqy4j0lyo.jpg

I am in contact with pitmasteriq but no solutions at this point. Does anyone have any idea? Maybe I need to remove the coupler and get a different sized barb?

thx, very excited to get cooking on this pit!!!!

I would try and remove the 1 1/2" to 3/4" bushing and replace with a 1 1/2" to 1" bushing and that should work.

Yes take out the reducer and replace with 1 1/2" to 1". This will take care of the issue

What your trying to use looks very similar to the adapter that BBQGuru sells for party Q to fit into a ball valve.

Back