MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #1
manmeatbbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Cooking a brisket over a pork butt for competition

Has anyone cooked both the pork butt and brisket on a Gateway Drum at the same time and have any luck at contests? I just got my drum and haven't had a chance to cook on it. The plan is to get a few cooks on it before the next contest in 3 weeks, but before going down a road of expensive repeated disasters, I wanted to see if anyone else has already done this with success. I have been cooking with an offset for the past few years and have heard a call in all but 2 contests, but I am looking for some more consistency in my long meat cooks. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
manmeatbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Might want to post your question here
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brisket, competition bbq, gateway drum smoker, pork butt