Best WiFi Thermometer?

rawcalls

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked a hundred times but what is the best wifi meat/pit thermometer on the market right now? Most important features for me would be:

1. At least 2 meat probes and 1 ambient probe
2. Reliable connectivity and good range
3. Probe accuracy and durability
4. Intuitive user interface
5. Weather resistant

A few of the units I have been researching are Thermoworks Signals, Fireboard 2, and Meater Block. Does anyone have opinions on these? Which of these units have the best connectivity/range? I don't use a pit fan so I don't need that capability. Do you think I should wait for the Fireboard 2 Pro that is supposed to be released in August? Thanks in advance.

FireBoard +2. The product and company are amazing. The app has been 100% reliable for me for since I’ve had it for ~1.5 ish years. My drawer of old thermometers include Mavericks, blue therm duo from Thermoworks, and original iGrill. Mavericks are fine and work, but no app. The Bluetooth therms are all super buggy. I also have a meater for rotisserie duty. It’s fine, but I haven’t had it long and will be pleasantly surprised if it lasts due to the design. It’s a bit cumbersome to charge and connect to intermediate device (to get data to cloud and extend Bluetooth range), but seems to work. If I could only have one though FireBoard all the way.

I'm a very happy Thermoworks Smoke X4 guy. This thing is super simple. I highly recommed it.

I have a Signals, but I feel app is a little buggy. The did just release a new app.

I like the simplicity of the Smoke X4, and I rarely would need the wifi out of the house. I wish I'd bought that instead.

Here’s what I’ve been using. Used about a dozen times so far and have been very happy. Only glitch has been once it was switched to Celsius, kinda threw me me for a loop till I figured it out. Have had zero issues with the app so far. One drawback is the temp alarm doesn’t seem to work on the phone unless the app is open and current.

Bluetooth Meat Thermometer, Wireless Digital BBQ Thermometer for Grilling Smart with 6 Stainless Steel Probes Remoted Monitor for Cooking Smoker Kitchen Oven, Support iOS & Android https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F2L5ZWQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_APOfFbGP033HE

The Fireboard II meets all your criteria and has performed flawlessly for me. I use it on nearly every cook to monitor temps and for control on the PK 360 and the Humphry's Battle Box. The original Fireboard performs equally well and is weather resistant when placed in a ziplock bag. I have an older Thermoworks Smoke and found the WiFi connectivity unreliable which prompted me to go with the Fireboards. As they say, I haven't looked back.
Bluetooth range limitations is sufficient reason to avoid Bluetooth thermometers.

Add one for fireboard. I have the smoke too and it's good for times when I'm going to stay close by. But the fireboard is my favorite due to the app and the fact that i can go to the store or wherever while cooking and never drop the connection.

I just ordered the Fireboard 2 last night. Every review I could find anywhere for fireboard has been great. Seemed like a no brainer to me. Hoping it comes in by the weekend.

I have a Signals, but I feel app is a little buggy. The did just release a new app.

I like the simplicity of the Smoke X4, and I rarely would need the wifi out of the house. I wish I'd bought that instead.

I had the same experience. The new app is so much better and has worked flawlessly.

I also like that the signals is waterproof.

I went from the Thermoworks Smoke to the Fireboard when i got my LSG Mini and love it. My brother-in-law loves his Smoke hand-me-down, though, but he usually just cooks one thing at a time on his baby Traeger.

Anyone have updates on the Meater?

My Meater doesn't like my Pit Boss open flame feature. Other then that, I haven't had any problems with mine losing connection. Its great for rotisserie, but i think i am going to wrap the ambient probe section in aluminum foil so i can use open flame without Meater crying its too hot.

... I have been researching the Thermoworks Signals

I have been happy with my Thermoworks Signals. The WiFi has been very reliable.

It should be noted that the WiFi is "cloud based" so to connect your phone to the WiFi you need Internet. During one cook we lost our Internet and I could not use the WiFI - however, Signals also has BT connection and that did work.

The WiFi seems to be cloud based so it can work when you are not home - it would be nice if it could be accessed on your home network even if your Internet goes out.

I have not had any problems with the app on the PC or my Android phone

I do wish you could assign a name longer than 4 letters showing on the actual Signals. You can name each probe with a separate name. However, if you name them something like "Pork Roast", "Brisket", "Pork Ribs" in the app, the Signals will display "PORK", BRIS", "PORK" on it's display. Guess you can't have everything.

All-in-all I have been enjoying my Signals and would recommend it - I did get it while they had it on sale.

Fireboard 2, I was a kickstarter backer and never had a problem with my original and recently upgraded to FB 2 Drive just to ditch the dongle for the fan. I love it and the original for that matter. If you ever think you’ll want a fan, buy a FB 2 Drive, if not look for a deal on an original with the weather resistant case or buy the standard FB2 new.

They are what everyone else is chasing.

I'm a very happy Thermoworks Smoke X4 guy. This thing is super simple. I highly recommed it.

Me too. I don't need to monitor cooks away from the house so having something wifi based wasn't important. The SmokeX4 has been flawless where my original Smoke had a ton of reception issues and the Gateway for it sucked.

If I was going to get a wifi model, I would go with Fireboard like many have suggested. They seem to have the best reviews and most people love it.

Back