I’m a... Man of means by no means...

For REAL Robert? “Dang me” THATS cool!

I don’t know about the Grill Grate, I don’t recall seeing it in the manual but I’ve had no issues with them.

Just keep on playin’
Love the dog photo

Last edited:
Thanks for the earbug, I'll be hearing that all weekend now. :doh:

"King of the Road" is a song written by country singer Roger Miller, who first recorded it in November 1964.[1] The lyrics tell of the day-to-day life of a hobo who, despite being poor (a "man of means by no means"), revels in his freedom, describing himself humorously and cynically as the "king of the road". It was Miller's fifth single for Smash Records.

Thanks for the earbug, I'll be hearing that all weekend now. :doh:

"King of the Road" is a song written by country singer Roger Miller, who first recorded it in November 1964.[1] The lyrics tell of the day-to-day life of a hobo who, despite being poor (a "man of means by no means"), revels in his freedom, describing himself humorously and cynically as the "king of the road". It was Miller's fifth single for Smash Records.

I LOVE it when a plan comes together :mrgreen:

:laugh: I had Man of Constant Sorrow in my head and couldn't figure out what you were talking about! Lol

DANG YOU COWGIRL!!! :caked:

I have been sing Man of Constant Sorrow all day today and it’s yer fault!!!

It has been waaaay too long since we had a breakfast caserole in our house. Wife is out of town a couple of days.. I am going to need to grab some more eggs for the kids tomorrow!

King of the Road according to the story I read was written in a limo after landing at an airport. Think it was Chicago. Miller was behind on his contract to write a song and drove by an area with trailers stacked and the sign read “trailers for sale or rent”. He was a genius. Tough youth and early departure but “while alive he lived”. His song “I’ve been A Long Time Leaving” is one of my favorites

And the breakfast casserole is killer

Recipe for the breakfast casserole would come in handy Jeremy.

My friend Richard Leigh wrote nine number 1 songs. The stories behind the songs are amazing to me. His song "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" had to do with his little dog Amanda as she grew old and started losing her eyesight as her brown eyes turned blue.

My friend Richard Leigh wrote nine number 1 songs. The stories behind the songs are amazing to me. His song "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" had to do with his little dog Amanda as she grew old and started losing her eyesight as her brown eyes turned blue.
Thanks for the background on this. I always thought it was about a lost love, but never made the connection that it was his dog.

Just keep on playin’
Love the dog photo

The version at the beginning of "Heartworn Highways" is one of my favorites. I love that movie.

4ever3 - I'm going to have to try a breakfast casserole one of these days. Thanks!

Sure thing Eads there’s not much to it but it’s not in my head.

I’ll post it when I get home from work.

Yeah! That is a great looking cook. We often do breakfast for dinner and it tastes better to me when the weather is cooler, which is on it's way. I could definitely put something like that casserole on the menu plans.

Glad to hear your pooch is still doing well. I like the little fat one too.

This is Tubby. She’s not very tubby now, but she was as a pup.

Attachments

• FC0D0F9C-967C-4FDD-BD75-2913DBC494C1.jpg
    FC0D0F9C-967C-4FDD-BD75-2913DBC494C1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 24
Good lookin’ dawg Allen!

This is from Misses 4ever3..

One dozen eggs
1 cup of 1/2 n 1/2
Whisk the two together until all is combined...

Brown 1 lb of breakfast sausage or ham and allow too cool
(bacon doesn’t work, we tried it...)

Once the meat is cooled combine the meat and eggs along with yer choice of grated cheese (1 FULL cup) pour mixture into 9”x13”

Place in cooker set at 350° for 30 minutes or until center is solid.

Put more grated cheese on top with a dusting of yer favorite seasoning.

Let cheese melt, remove and let rest for 10 minutes.

Cut and serve.

This is the base, from that?

Run wild with it!

Back