Chefs Table BBQ is up on Netflix

I watched the first episode last night. I thought the show dragged. The exceptionally long scene cuts between the story was too much. 10 minutes of content in a 43 minute show. I'll try another episode, but not sure it's something I'll continue to watch. I wish they would have told more of Tootie's story instead of going for the dramatic effect.

Didn't like it. I'm sorry. I'm new to this so I'm more interested in technique, recipes, instructions, etc. I've never been that much into cooks personal lives. Sorry.

Man, I started the first episode at about 9p the night these dropped. Didn’t go to bed until last midnight. Couldn’t stop. I was hooked in. Watched all four in a row.

Like many here I wish there were a dozen more episodes and more seasons in the works.

Wish there was a way to tell Netflix to make more seasons. All I see is a thumbs up button.

^^^have you seen the previous seasons? They're very good, IMO, but not about BBQ. But the Frances Mallman one is all fire and fanfarkingtastic.

^^^have you seen the previous seasons? They're very good, IMO, but not about BBQ. But the Frances Mallman one is all fire and fanfarkingtastic.

This.

I know they get a little "froo-froo" or whatever.. but it's about folks putting their heart and soul into what they love. What about the guy in Sicily making gelato and whatnot!? Love that one! Grant Achatz (I think I got that right) wins a star only to have cancer of the tongue and fights back! I'll have to look, but I think there's one about the lady running a barbacoa joint in Philly that's supposedly off the chain.

The Francis Mallman bits, even the Ed Lee & Francis episode from Mind of a Chef are simply spectacular.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I have seen many of the regular episodes. A few that stick out to me:

Christina Tosi. Momofuku Milk Bar. I literally almost got out of bed at 11p to make a cake.
Albert Adria of El Bulli.
And from the first season the guy in Norway or Sweden.

Christina Tosi. Momofuku Milk Bar. I literally almost got out of bed at 11p to make a cake.

I (completely coincidentally) was staying in NY when I watched the Christina Tosi episode. I got up the next morning and went into the city to Milk Bar. It was pretty fantastic.

Good series! The Missus and I both got emotional watching the Tootsie one. Rodney Scott one was very good too. Got episode 4 left to watch yet.

Albert Adria of El Bulli.
And from the first season the guy in Norway or Sweden.

Mind Of A Chef is far and away my favorite food show ever. So well done.

Back