Cooking Class Chris Hall - BIG UGLY'S BBQ - Competition Pitmaster Class

MASON-DIXON BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Upcoming Event Information:
Chris Hall – Big Ugly’s BBQ Competition Pitmaster Class! 1542 Buchanan Trail East, Greencastle, PA 17225
Date: 2 April 2015, 7:00a - done

Chris Hall – one of the winningest (it’s a word!) Pitmasters in the Mid-Atlantic and one of the most respected Pitmasters in the country is teaching a Pitmaster Class!

The class will take place on Thursday, April 2nd prior to THE IRONMAN BBQ which begins on Friday, April 3rd, so teams can take what they learned at the class and apply it directly to the competition that weekend!

A full day, 4-meat class, this will be a combination of both lecture/demonstration and hands-on application. Attendees will be trimming, prepping, and cooking chicken, ribs, pork, and brisket! It’s great to watch, it’s BETTER TO DO!

There are a lot of classes out there taught by a lot of folks from all over the country. And it’s good to learn who is doing what in Kansas, or in Florida, or even on the West Coast….but don’t you want to learn how to win in your own backyard?

Learn what will make you successful in the Mid-Atlantic Region from someone who wins consistently in the Mid-Atlantic Region!

Register now for only $300.00/person. That’s a steal for this kind of knowledge! We are only offering 30 spaces at this class, so don’t wait! For additional information, please visit http://www.ironmanbbq.com/Big_Ugly_Class_Info.html

DON’T WAIT! THIS CLASS WILL FILL UP FAST! FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!

I just wanted to take a moment and say THANK YOU for the support and interest in this class! The response has been tremendous and better than I could have imagined.

We are going to have a fun, informative class, I'm not going to hold anything back at all, we have a few spots left, so if you're interested, get your application in to Eric and Mark at Mason Dixon. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in a few weeks!

Last edited:
I was at a class where Chris Hall was teaching a portion of it and he is a pretty good teacher. Just saying he taught a couple really good recipes. Not the 4 meats but still it was insight into his ability to teach. I still use what he taught me weekly. I wish I could go to learn the 4 meats off of him. To busy with work so I know I can't make it. I am not sure if he will give out hand outs like he did at the class I was at but that helped tremendously. I still keep the handout with the recipes and use them regularly. It will probably be the best $300 you spend on a class. I doubt anyone will be disappointed if they go to this class. Take notes lots of notes.

This was startling to read at first.........since my name is.....Chris Hall!!:heh::heh:

I was like, "Honey, Im gonna be busy at the first of April. Apparently I'm supposed to be in Pennsylvania!".:heh::heh:

She replied "Umm, the Steelers aren't playing already are they?".:laugh::laugh:

I will be attending this class and have made reservations at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Greencastle. If anyone would like to save some money and share the room, please PM me here.

Hey all, just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who attended the class last Thursday! We had a lot of fun, and I hope you all can some of the concepts I presented and use them in your cooking process to be successful.

Also have to thank everyone at Mason Dixon BBQ Services for providing the venue and logistical support for the class! Eric and Mark were great, and made it very easy to have the class. Stop in either their Shady Grove, PA or Frederick, MD stores and do some shopping, you wont be disappointed!

Lastly, I need to thank my sponsors and friends for sending some swag for the class. Humphreys Smokers, Victory Lane BBQ, Galvinell's Meats, BBQ Guru, Bob's Havin a BBQ, Town Plot IGA, Snake River Farms, Mid-Atlantic BBQ Association and Smokin Hoggz BBQ all provided some goodies for the class, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Its greatly appreciated!!

We're lookin to do another class, possibly in July, location to be determined, so if you are interested, look out for it....

I would highly recommend this class to anyone out there looking to up your game. Chris did an awesome job teaching the class. He is very thorough and puts it all out on the table. There is a lot of hands on work with the meats as well as presentations by Chris from beginning to end. Once you take the class and see his methods behind everything he does, you will understand why his name is called last frequently!

Back