Oakridge and Pellet Poopers...

MattGoose

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
And I think I kind of finally hit personal BBQ nirvana.

I don't have the time, energy or knowledge to run a stick burner and no matter how hard I tried my kamado never found a proper, steady working temp.

So I fell back to a pellet grill and after the other day, not sure I've ever been happier. Took me longer to trim up the shoulder than anything else. Two nice layers of Dominator sweet rub and rest overnight.

In the morning, I walked outside and hit a button a couple of times. Dropped the shoulder on it and just walked away......

Ready in time for a nice rest before dinner, quick shred and on the plate.

Just a great experience all the way around, and the Dominator took it to a whole new level. First time I've ever fished out extra pieces of bark to eat :)

Right on! I'm in the same boat. If I was retired and had nothing but time, I'd run a stick burner for sure. However, I very rarely have an entire day to tend a fire and watch a long cook. With the pellet grill, I can set that baby,and wrap or whatever on my lunch break and its done when my shift is over. For ease of use, while still putting out quality Q, you can't beat a pellet pooper!

Right on! I'm in the same boat. If I was retired and had nothing but time, I'd run a stick burner for sure. However, I very rarely have an entire day to tend a fire and watch a long cook. With the pellet grill, I can set that baby,and wrap or whatever on my lunch break and its done when my shift is over. For ease of use, while still putting out quality Q, you can't beat a pellet pooper!

I've been so caught up for such a long time on "perfect" Q that I've missed out on a lot.

I've got my pulled pork down pat, time to start adding to the repertoire. I'd like to get some baby backs down next, and plate ribs too.

And a couple of chicken recipes would be great.

Set it and forget it is great.

Its great when someone hits that sweet spot, thanks for sharing.:thumb:
So many negative things
lately

I don't have the time, energy or knowledge to run a stick burner and no matter how hard I tried my kamado never found a proper, steady working temp.

So I fell back to a pellet grill and after the other day, not sure I've ever been happier. Took me longer to trim up the shoulder than anything else. Two nice layers of Dominator sweet rub and rest overnight.

In the morning, I walked outside and hit a button a couple of times. Dropped the shoulder on it and just walked away......

Just a great experience all the way around, and the Dominator took it to a whole new level. First time I've ever fished out extra pieces of bark to eat :)

Welcome home...

Nice!!!

Dominator is my absolute favorite rib or shoulder rub. None have come close to it and I've tried a ton of them.

Its great when someone hits that sweet spot, thanks for sharing.:thumb:
So many negative things
lately

That's funny... I deleted the post cause I thought it was sort of dumb. Doesn't really add anything, but I'm glad I did.

One more serving of PP and then I'm gonna fire it up again. I think ribs tomorrow.

Hi How was the smoke flavor? Which popper did u get?
Thanks DanB

Back