Mini WSM Build and First Smoke (also first smoke ever)

fish1sw

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Well, I received all my parts for the Mini on Friday and got to work. An hour later and I had my first ever smoker, with big plans of having a new addiction!

I used plans from Matt_A with a little help from everyone else that put pictures on here from their build (thank you so much for everyone's help)!

img_0558.jpg

Using a jigsaw with a tile cutting blade, the bottom of the pot came out with no problems.

img_0561.jpg

img_0568.jpg

And... On the test run.
img_0567.jpg

And for my first smoke (Sunday), I used a chuck roast because I was scared of messing up and didn't want to pay dearly ($$) for it. It took around 5 hours to get up to the temperature I was looking for and then I wrapped it and let it rest for 3 painful hours. Making a bbq sauce from a recipe I found on the forums killed a half hour.

img_0570.jpg

Plated (my wife who thought I was crazy because we already have a nice gas grill, couldn't stop saying how good it was and already started planning dinner parties around my new addiction....mission accomplished!!):clap:

img_0574.jpg

Thank you so much to everyone on this forum, I love it here! Now I just have to decide what I should make next.

If anyone has any questions on my build, please don't hesitate, I'd love to help.

Most excellent! :clap2:

Soooo....I'm guessing you'll be doing this again?

I can't even wait, too bad my job gets in the way of tending to the fire. C'mon weekend!

looks great from here. the mini can be rather forgiving so it makes a great prosuct no matter how hard we try to mess it up.

Nice job on the build AND the chuck!! Looks great!! :grin::thumb:

you will havea blast with that smoker. im glad you chose to go with the gold version of the grill and not the silver. I have had mine a little over a year. I have the gold version as well. I also drilled a 1 inch hole at the bottom for more air and ash disposal. I use that extra vent on the bottom to blow air up to the coals if i want them real hot for grilling.

congrats on the build and have fun.

nice looking build and the chuck roast looks pretty darn good too.

Congrats nice build chucky looks good...... As far as what to make next, hows bout a uds silly!
:D:cool::D

Sent via Criffvo

Very nice build and first smoke congrats and let the addiction begin :clap:

Back