MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #316
Just BS
is one Smokin' Farker

Great work!
Just BS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #317
Carbon
is One Chatty Farker

Nice work on the door! That should trap the heat in the oven for several days.

Are you going to add a thermo to it? I installed a 800F Tel-Tru thermo on my door, works well but perhaps I should have gone with a 1000F thermo.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #318
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks guys. I may add one yes, which one did you get? Got a link? It seems like trying to get the right lenght isnt always what it seems to be.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #319
boiler93
Full Fledged Farker

Outstanding work! I wish I had 1/2 those skills!
boiler93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #320
Carbon
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
I may add one yes, which one did you get? Got a link? It seems like trying to get the right lenght isnt always what it seems to be.
I mounted it right though my 3" oven door. It's a 2" diameter dial with a 6" long stem, simply spring clipped at the rear.
I got it directly from Tel-Tru.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #321
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Carbon, your handle looks an awful lot like a modified mortar trowel.
If so, that's just awesome.
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #322
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for the info. Bob i think youre right about the trowel. I also used a trowel to make a coal rake. Ill post my oven tools when i take some pics

Old 05-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #323
MAcBoogie
Found some matches.

Wow man just Wow. i just went through all 22 pages and while i thought i knew what i wanted when i go after this project you just blew my mind. I don't care where ya live if you EVER are selling that house make sure you post it here i bet it would sell here faster then any agent could sell it lol.

Skip the house pic's email those to the wife we've seen all we need to see to sign the paperwork lol.
MAcBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #324
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Lmao thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #325
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Here is the door painted with 4 coats of high heat paint, i only painted the outside of the door.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #326
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Finally got around getting my oven tools together.

8" peel, custom made coal rake made out of a steel trowel with the end bent. Brass wire brush with a scraper end. Large aluminum peel. Natural bristle brush, ash/coal shovel (home made). A bubble popper, i actually bought that to move pans in and out of the oven. A coal shovel and long tongs.

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #327
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Wow, V! I've been away for a little while. I come back, and am just blown away by what you guys have done. I love building and welding, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for masonry work. This project is just fantastic. Very sexy build! Congrats!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #328
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
Wow, V! I've been away for a little while. I come back, and am just blown away by what you guys have done. I love building and welding, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for masonry work. This project is just fantastic. Very sexy build! Congrats!

Thanks alot Tish, really appreciate it. I think i feel the same way about masonry and stone work

Old 05-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #329
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

That's just cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #330
Carbon
is One Chatty Farker

Those are cool tools! I made my tools too, including a couple of them using 3/4" copper tubing as handles. I also use a length of 1/2" copper tubing to blow and clear ash.

That oven door came out really nice! Hope it's not too heavy with all the metal.