Stocking Stuffer-BBQ Ideas

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Feel free to add or Jack. I figure if the stores have their Christmas Trees and decorations out may as well get in the gift giving mode. Get that shopping done before Halloween before you know it, you’ll be at the January Sheet and pillow sales. I bought two of these. If The DOT goes on sale at ThermaWorks,?regardless of color Im buying two of those as well.
ThermoPro TP03 Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer Kitchen Cooking Food Candy Thermometer with Backlight and Magnet for Oil Deep Fry BBQ Grill Smoker Thermometer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IHHLB3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_z3VPDbK1NAK5G

Yeah, it's appalling.
The AYSO soccer season started, and I wanted to see if Walmart might have a screw-in umbrella base like I saw a lot of folks have.
I looked, and looked. Finally asked, the guy showed me where the umbrellas had been. He said they must have gotten rid of them for the seasonal (Christmas) stock. :twitch:
In September? We were still in "Heat Wave" form.
Hard to think of Christmas when it's over 100°, and you aren't sitting in your lit BBQ. And you need shade. :tsk:

Pissed me off. :boxing:

Hoping for a Thermapen open box deal coming around soon

When i first joined this site it was highly recommended I purchase a Thermapen. It was close to 100$ and came with a super fast fever thermometer. Still works like a champ and I use it nearly every cook for a probe an/or temp check. Quality instrument

I guess it depends how much to spend on a stocking stuffer, but a 14" slicer would be nice for most folks who don't have one. Plus, it would look bad-ass in a stocking.

A bunch of different rub samples would be good. Also, an apron maybe? I have like five ruined shirts that are now "smoking session only" shirts because they are splattered with non-removable grease stains. I bought an apron and life has been stain-free since.

A bunch of different rub samples would be good. Also, an apron maybe? I have like five ruined shirts that are now "smoking session only" shirts because they are splattered with non-removable grease stains. I bought an apron and life has been stain-free since.

I have a nice Weber apron that I never think to wear. Would probably have reduced the number of "smoking" shirts I have also.

I have a nice Weber apron that I never think to wear. Would probably have reduced the number of "smoking" shirts I have also.

You're not alone. It took me darn near two decades of smoking and more shirts than I'd like to remember to finally buy an apron. Mine is the heavy duty one from Hudson Durable Goods. Was like $30 if I remember correctly but the thing is a hoss...I'll probably never need to buy another one.

Whenever I remember to wear my apron I make it through the cook spotless. It's usually when I'm stuffing my pie hole that I wind up have something on my shirt. Perhaps I need a cooking apron and eating apron?

When i first joined this site it was highly recommended I purchase a Thermapen. It was close to 100$ and came with a super fast fever thermometer. Still works like a champ and I use it nearly every cook for a probe an/or temp check. Quality instrument

So you would say definitely worth the coin?

Excellent call here definitely wanting rubs...although I don't know how many of them I can hold off on til Christmas. Also I got me a sweet Clemson apron last Christmas excellent gift idea.

So you would say definitely worth the coin?

Absolutely. My Thermapen has worked flawlessly for a lot of years and a boatload Of cooks. I’m not real big on the technology end of cooks. Had an Igrill Mini- seems whenever I wanted to use it the battery was dead. Bought my son an Inkbird 1-2 years ago and he loves it. I bought myself one recently and only have used it once. I usually don’t probe for temp until I know surface temps are up there and for that my Thermapen has been wonderful as a probe and a thermometer.
That’s where I think a DOT would fit my cooking style. Simple and big readout.

There are a lot of options.

TxQGuy thanks for the heads up on the Hudson durable goods apron, just order one.

Back