High Plains Lockdown Fridge Dive - Whole Spare Ribs (Pt 9 of X?) w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Today, I'm cooking a whole rack of spares. Thankfully, they're not huge and fit on my 22.5 kettle.

I'm using two rubs:
- Wicken Yanks Original (The first rub that got us into barbecue - based on The Fresh Market's "Anything Goes Rub") - This thing is way over complicated with something like 13-15 ingredients, but it's ridiculously good.
- Wazzufan sent me an awesome package from Washington State to include B's Rubs "Spiced Apple Rub" - This is an excellent balance for our "WYO" - The mildly artificial apple flavor when tasted by itself via the highly scientific "pinky taste" method disappears during the cook, leaving sweetish (not Swedish) apple and spice notes. If you've got kids or a wife with a tender palette - this is perfect.

XaMYaMFl.jpg

CZnuafDl.jpg

3 hours over hickory at about 275F -I wrapped, without any apple juice or apple sauce (my typical go-to) at the 3 hour mark. Let 'em ride for about an hour (a little too long).

45 minutes back on the kettle to firm up a little. 30 min rest in a warm oven.

13YNCCVl.jpg

You may have just witnessed a transformation. CINCHOUSE and I both loved how incredibly moist and tender everything was.

Thankfully, I remembered to rub up a chub and put it on to smoke for a while as we noshed.

S3J3xr7l.jpg

Kind regards and thin blue. Y'all stay safe and well, please.

Back