MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #76
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser View Post
The only grills that get dumped over here are the single-use disposable type. I have never EVER seen a dumped Weber, and if I did it'd probably be totally shafted!
Not that I'm jealous or anything, no, perish the thought!
If I ever catch anyone shafting my kettle I'll....oh never mind.

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #77
Browser
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_KY View Post
Oh yes I even took her to the Pub Sunday.
Ookaaaay, I'm now officially worried about you Doc!
The more I use mine the more impressed I get at how easy they are to cook on. We had friends over recently and I did cedr plank salmon fillets, bacon burgers from the local pork farm (yes, they were very good!) and some good quality Lincolnshire sausages. Yes, I know, no pictures=didn't happen, I forgot OKAY!!!
Anyhoo, Mrs Browser commented on how much more relaxed cooking on the kettle seemed to be compared to our old gasser which "...always had huge flames coming out of it"! I had to agree and I realised I hardly ever do totally direct grilling any more as I always bank the coals either to the side or down the middle leaving enough space to indirect cook most of the food as (a) it cooks mor eslowly & evenly and (b) it tastes better that way. I'm even happier since my birthday on the 22nd 'cos I got a Weber warming rack and side table and, yes, I promise I'll take some pictures next time I'm grilling

57cm Weber One-Touch Silver.
Weber Go Anywhere.
Inter-stellar UDS :cool:
Browser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #78
Bacon
is One Chatty Farker

Had to revive this thread. After this thanksgiving, and cooking almost completely on it and turning out the food that I did. I am truly grateful for this magnificent entity.

Currently smoking a rack of ribs and tomorrow a Butt is going on.

I appreciate my Kettle. Yes I do.

22.5" Weber OTG
Kenmore gasser
1 Super-Fast Sunkist Orange Thermapen
Hungry Apt neighbors
Certified MOINK Baller

"Anything wrapped in Bacon has to beat not wrapped in Bacon!" - Desert Dweller / circa ~ 09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #79
gpalasz
is one Smokin' Farker

Love the kette! After seeing some turkey pron on here w/ the rotissire I ordered one from amazon...it will be here wed. I love shopping and drinking, I always get something good the following week Ive been putting it off for some time...so I deserve it.
Kettle 22.5 [COLOR=blue][B]BLUE[/B][/COLOR] OTG/W rotiss
Ultra Fast [COLOR=orange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen
CCW SP 101 357 125g
gpalasz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #80
swamprb

Post some pics in the Social Groups
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #81
Bacon
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpalasz View Post
I love shopping and drinking, I always get something good the following week

That is the most fantastic thing I have heard allday.

In a little bit, when I finish cleaning, eating a rack of ribs, with fries and beans, cornbread. I will begin my shots of Meukow and proceed to order another Mortar and Pestle, Meat Grinder for sausage, and PM Bubba for another Cutting board "smaller one for veggies".

Aww yeah, nothing beats coming home and finding a ups sticker on the door and remembering you bought something.

22.5" Weber OTG
Kenmore gasser
1 Super-Fast Sunkist Orange Thermapen
Hungry Apt neighbors
Certified MOINK Baller

"Anything wrapped in Bacon has to beat not wrapped in Bacon!" - Desert Dweller / circa ~ 09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #82
Richard_
is One Chatty Farker

I bought mine 14 years ago , took it camping quite a few times ,it needs some new handles , it's a 18.5 , been looking for a 22.5 for the lid for my UDS ,

I also have a smokey Joe , it doesn't see much action , but it makes a nice little fire pit
Richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #83
farklf
is one Smokin' Farker

I have a Weber. The lid went to the UDS. No complaints. The Weber was a good learning tool. It's kind of hard to go back now. I also have a Grillware. I will keep the bottom for something useful.
farklf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #84
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by farklf View Post
It's kind of hard to go back now.
This is an interesting statement. I have/had various smokers including a UDS and never thought breaking out the Weber Kettle as going back. The UDS and the Kettle have two different uses.

You never grill a steak or burger? What about fish? The Weber Kettle is grill first and foremost. It's a smoker out of neccessity for some people.

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #85
gpalasz
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trp1fox View Post
This is an interesting statement. I have/had various smokers including a UDS and never thought breaking out the Weber Kettle as going back. The UDS and the Kettle have two different uses.

You never grill a steak or burger? What about fish? The Weber Kettle is grill first and foremost. It's a smoker out of neccessity for some people.

I agree. Going back? Thats a cheap shot to the kettle...please apologize
Kettle 22.5 [COLOR=blue][B]BLUE[/B][/COLOR] OTG/W rotiss
Ultra Fast [COLOR=orange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen
CCW SP 101 357 125g
gpalasz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #86
fordman
Knows what a fatty is.

This worth $20?

fordman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #87
qman
Babbling Farker

^^^^^^^^^^^^Yes.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #88
gooose53
Full Fledged Farker

I've cooked, grilled and smoked about everything one can think of on my Weber! Recently purchased a Smokenator for it.....it really helps when you want to smoke some meat. Cool thread!!
gooose53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #89
fordman
Knows what a fatty is.

It's not a done deal yet but can get it for 20.00 one person ahead of me though.
fordman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #90
Gemp
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I picked up a old 22.5 off CL for $20 for a UDS a few months back with no plans on using it for a grill, just parts. It was a Sunday when I brought it home. My brother and I decided to send the old grill off with one last cook. We did some burgers for the football game. Well....I been using it all the time now, It cooks to good.
Gemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appreciation threads, kettle, Weber, weber kettle, weber kettle methods, weber kettle mods