MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #301
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMROCKS View Post
Even if that car is not yours! I would have had a hard time returning it! Did you get to "test drive" it any? I'd still be handcuffed to the wheel!
They left it with me for three days. I was told not to drive it over 200 miles. I went WAY over 200 miles. I got it a six page magazine article here in Dallas, so they didn't give me any chit about the 300-something miles.

Oh, and I got paid for the photography.

In June, I beat my previous record for the most expensive car I have ever driven on public roadways, which was a $350,000 RUF RT-12. My new record is a 1973 Ferrari Daytona Spyder, worth about $1.8-million. The owner gave me the keys, and let me take it wherever I needed to go to get good photographs of it. I have known that collector for several years, and he knows I have professional driving training, and I am mature, so he trusts me with his cars.

I wouldn't say driving a Daytona Spyder around town is better than sex, but it was better than the best BBQ I've ever eaten.

Trivia: Don Johnson drove a fake Daytona Spyder on Miami Vice. I drove a real one. But, I never slept with Meg Ryan, so I guess we are even.

CD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DaytonaSpyder01.jpg (87.1 KB, 2646 views)

Last edited by caseydog; 07-17-2011 at 06:29 PM..
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #302
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

Nice ride, It was Melanie Griffith on the sleepin' thing though. But then, I haven't slept with either gal, nor drove anything like that!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest [COLOR=purple]Purple[/COLOR] Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #303
Limp Brisket
Full Fledged Farker

I want to party/Q with all of you!

Old 07-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #304
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
They left it with me for three days. I was told not to drive it over 200 miles. I went WAY over 200 miles. I got it a six page magazine article here in Dallas, so they didn't give me any chit about the 300-something miles.

In June, I beat my previous record for the most expensive car I have ever driven on public roadways, which was a $350,000 RUF RT-12. My new record is a 1973 Ferrari Daytona Spyder, worth about $1.8-million. The owner gave me the keys, and let me take it wherever I needed to go to get good photographs of it. I have known that collector for several years, and he knows I have professional driving training, and I am mature, so he trusts me with his cars.

I wouldn't say driving a Daytona Spyder around town is better than sex, but it was better than the best BBQ I've ever eaten.

Trivia: Don Johnson drove a fake Daytona Spyder on Miami Vice. I drove a real one. But, I never slept with Meg Ryan, so I guess we are even.

CD
Man oh man what a sweet job you have

Old 07-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #305
DirtyDirty00
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
I would go too big she would scale it down too small and we met somewhere in the middle and ended up with what you see.
awesome job! this is 'somewhere in the middle?' i woudl classify this as huge... what would this have looked like if there was no scaling down!??
DirtyDirty00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #306
caseydog

Quote:
Man oh man what a sweet job you have
It has its moments. But, then again, any job where you are self employed, and you are 100 percent dependent on your own work to make a living has its high and low points. And, the lows can suck just as much as the highs can exhilarate.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #307
bigsapper
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post

CD
Uh...it *is* better than sex.

Ooh La La!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #308
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsapper View Post
Uh...it *is* better than sex.

Ooh La La!
indeed

Old 07-18-2011, 12:57 AM   #309
pitbossJB
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : el jefe

Wow! AMROCKS That is the deck of my dreams! You are one lucky farker! kudos and party on! JB

UDS with 007 mods and pizza top
Highly modified Bandera w/ griddle on firebox
Mini SJ/UDS
micro mini UDS
Smokey Joe's
1983 22.5" Weber kettle
pitbossJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #310
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDirty00 View Post
awesome job! this is 'somewhere in the middle?' i woudl classify this as huge... what would this have looked like if there was no scaling down!??
Thanks! Um overkill I guess

Old 07-18-2011, 06:22 AM   #311
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbossJB View Post
Wow! AMROCKS That is the deck of my dreams! You are one lucky farker! kudos and party on! JB
Thanks! We are trying

Old 07-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #312
AMROCKS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinOkie View Post
Here's my new deck, let me know if you have any questions. posted this in another thread.

I've been trying to find the thread with all of your deck photos. I seen it once before I joined the brethren. I was telling my wife that I wasn't the only crazy person with all the deck but couldn't find the proof. Can you help a brother out? Nice place you got there

Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #313
bigsapper
Take a breath!

Quote:
I've been trying to find the thread with all of your deck photos. I seen it once before I joined the brethren. I was telling my wife that I wasn't the only crazy person with all the deck but couldn't find the proof. Can you help a brother out? Nice place you got there
Wow, don't know how I missed that. Cool setup.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=106531

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #314
kitts21
On the road to being a farker

Well here is my modest cooking area. I just finished the UDS and the area up today. I can't wait for my first smoke on the UDS.

The new UDS

The new cook area with ten pounds of raw fury.....
kitts21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #315
NFLNative
Knows what a fatty is.

How did I miss smokin okie? Nice set up
NFLNative is offline   Reply With Quote