Madison BBQ, Blues and Balloons, Madison, IN - Aug. 15 - 16, 2008 ***Results Added***

We plan to roll in sometime between 10 & noon on Thursday. Gives us a chance to set-up our surveillance gear before it gets too crowded.

I plan on donating my entry fee down there...we'll be there thurs afternoon

If all goes well, I plan on rolling in about 1:00 Thursday. Since Madison is my "home away from home", I fully recommend the trolley ride through town, if they offer it again. There is a lot of history in that town. Hopefully, the weather won't be quite as bad as last year!!

UA will be there. Or at least part of it. I am cooking Stag no Drag, the chemist, Marla and assistants will not be along but I am getting some help from part of Team Moonswiners, they may be waitress from TGI Fridays after his deal with them, I hope!

Will be in with Double D's, I am going to be in either Thursday afternoonish.....or, Friday morning.....depends on other appointments in the area.....

Weaver is bringing the beer. He says it is the least he can do since he doesn't cook that many contests anymore.

Will be at Madison

This is my first post and my first competition! Our team is the Barrel Smokers from Shelbyville, KY.

We look forward to meeting all of you and having a great time.

We will also be vending, so come on by the "log cabin" concession trailer to say Hey!

BEER??????

So if I understand what you are saying Jim is that you can actually have beer at these events. :p

Man, I really need to start paying attention to what is going on in my surroundings.

Who knew? :roll:

I'll be there thursday. Looks like it might actually be cooler than previous years there.

Barrel, we will try to work our way around to ya...hope to cross paths.....if not, hope ya can get a chance to meet as many as possible.....

And, yes Podge, GRATEFUL that 105 will not be a source of talk......

Looking forward to the contest though.....

We'll probably be there Friday; it's Mark's wedding anniversary, so no competing. We may be staying (judging if needed), if I can get my cousin's condo right downtown. If so, I may sell showers to those of you out in the heat. :)

But since I'm currently laid off, we're doing it on the cheap; don't be surprised if I stop by and ask for a rib!!! :)

But it looks like we're gonna get some rain.

Rain is our best friend. I don't like tornado's though! Like I said in Fairbanks this year when the rain started.............Bring it on!

See you all in Madison!

BEER??????

So if I understand what you are saying Jim is that you can actually have beer at these events. :p

Man, I really need to start paying attention to what is going on in my surroundings.

Who knew? :roll:

Sid, this whole beer thing is a relatively new concept from what I understand. Really I think it's another marketing ploy by MMA to lure brewers in as sponsors but either way it's working for me.

Jim my friend

This could be BIG!!!!!

I will do all I can to help get the word out. We owe it to all the cookers.

Back