How soon does your season start again?

First kcbs contest will be kansas winter Q I am chopping at the bit I am tired of the snow and ice. I Have been cooking chicken all winter trying to get better I fell I have made alot of progress will see this year!

Theresa is trying to talk me into Smoke On The Water as well.

For now, Hammond and then Clarksville Tn the next weekend......all below the Mason Dixon........

That would be great to see you guys there but that's a lot of travel over a 2 week period unless you stay down south over that period. Wish I had the vacation time or I'd definitely add Hammond to my list as well.

We have to decide how far we want to drive this year If we extend our range to 6 hours then our first will be early May. If not then it will be Memorial Day weekend. It also depends on how many comps we decide to do total since I have a limited supply of vacation days :sad:

Got lucky and have a work trip to Florida. Decided to drive and take the smoker so we are starting with Lakeland:-D

competing... Hopefully Maynard, MA in 48 days!

organizing... Snowshoe Grilling Challenge about 19 days after that...
cook's packet and info coming VERY soon... PROMISE!

... Snowshoe Grilling Challenge about 19 days after that...
cook's packet and info coming VERY soon... PROMISE!

We can't wait till The Snowshoe!!!! It's always one of our favorite comps!!
Can you leak the category's here, Michelle. Please...:-D

We go year round here in Texas, from June to May. In May we have the invitational for our org. Then we start over. We're in a lull right now though.

Feb 27/28 Irving Elks will be the first of my season. Gonna shoot for 5 comps this year. More if I can fit in the driving.

Down here in sunny Florida the FBA has already had their first scheduled comp of 2009. It was held at Sebring on Jan 10. Great event.

The prior comp (last year) was at Perry on Dec 13. Looks like less than 3 weeks from last year to this year. Oh yeh, I forgot, down here in sunny FL we Q all year round. :p

Y'all Come on down!

Ray

I've done 2 already in January, with 2 more before the end of the month. I love FL :biggrin:

And according to the Pickled Pig, you are leading the KCBS points chase for 2009!!! Congrats to you Rub!!! :wink:

Woohooo, I hadn't seen that! I need to hurry and get a widget on my site for a couple of weeks anyway :lol:

First event will either be Jeff City or Wahsington Mo in April. I am trying to talk my partner into the Arksas one in March. My wife would like to see the presidential library there (she is a history teacher). I wander if I could ask her to do a Monica. Na - I she hits way too hard for me to risk it.

Back