Where to find drum for UDS?

LoveMeSomeQ

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I was trying to find a thread about this and i couldn't. Can someone point me in the right direction to find a used 55 gallon steel drum for an UDS? I have a donor kettle grill to use for parts and just need to find a good drum.

Thanks!!!

I got mine from a friend who works at a landscaping company - they have lots of barrels used for oil, etc. If you get one like that though, be sure you burn the crap out of it...

There are plenty of those around me. I'll check with them. Someone also posted on here that they got one from a car wash. I'm going to see if i can catch the guy at the one near my house. Any other suggestions? I was hoping to get a food grade barrell.

A great source

go to your local scrap yard. I did, and found out that if they do not have one (or they do and its was full of kryptonite or something), they know every place in town that has a pile of them.

Make sure you measure the top and compare it to your donor lid. Some barrels are just to wide for the lids to work.

LOL! little too far for me. :) I called the local scrap yard and he said they are hard to come by and when they do they sell them for $20 each. He also didn't know where i could find any either! :(

Have you tried Craigslist? (I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!!!!)

There's a guy here in Indy who has food grade barrels for $10 a whack. May be worth a shot?

Good luck!:thumb:

Large bakeries or other large food producers are great spots to check.

Paul

I just ordered one from http://bascousa.com/

$53 for a new open head, un-lined. $40 for shipping. Cheaper than anyone close enough to drive to. The cheapest I found near me with still an hour drive each way was $115.00.

I've been checking craigslist for the past 2 weeks and nothing! There are some large bakeries near the city i could check. Worst comes to worse i can drive to the south side of chicago and go to Meyer drum company. They have reconditioned barrells for $50 a pop. I was hoping to get one for free though! lol

I recently bought 10 for $8.00 each from a construction company that was building a school. Now I have to figure how to use them. Don't need that many.

Check bulk oil companies. Also large machine shops as coolant comes in 55 gal. drums. Also environmental clean up companies.

Check truck garages, grease comes in 55gal drums inside of a poly bag. they are unlined and generally pretty clean.

You might try a farm implement store if there is one close by. I purchased my used drum from an implement store for $10.

I just ordered one from http://bascousa.com/

$53 for a new open head, un-lined. $40 for shipping. Cheaper than anyone close enough to drive to. The cheapest I found near me with still an hour drive each way was $115.00.

Very good company, they were very helpful when i ordered mine. had it in less then two days, helps for me i only live about 30 miles from them :)

Back