MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #31
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAJ View Post
And this is why the Brethren ROCK!
You know it L-M, they are certainly coming to the fore.

A single Brethren member has donated all of the pork, salad and mac-n-cheese, another all of the slaw, we are more than halfway on the tri-tip, we have two Backwoods Party cookers and a large Santa Maria grill. I suspect that yet another Brethren member will have donated enough sauce to cover the entire event, and we will be sending rub and sauce, as well as care packages home with the families. I plan to photograph most everything and will post a thread.

In truth, I would love it if the Unit were to reach out to use from time to time, to do more of these cooks. I also have a friend who does Wounded Warriors whom I have reached out to in the past about doing a BBQ class. That has been a slow starter.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #32
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Landarc.. check your PM's

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #33
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Im adding $500 from us(The Brethren) into the pot. You guys make me proud!!! Awesome showing!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #34
sfbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Are you guys on Facebook? We have a page there, I would need to add you. We are seriously looking at starting to limit the number of volunteers on the day of, but, you are all welcome. Just hit me up on Facebook and I will add you to the event.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.fukushima.5
Okay, not exactly sure how the FB thing works but send you a Friend Request. Then do you add me to the "Event" somehow?
'08 Weber Genesis Gasser
SJG Tamale Pot Mini Smoker (SJG was a rescue)
and a Pyro FIL
sfbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #35
sfbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

Also joined The Brethren FB group...
'08 Weber Genesis Gasser
SJG Tamale Pot Mini Smoker (SJG was a rescue)
and a Pyro FIL
sfbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #36
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
You know it L-M, they are certainly coming to the fore.

A single Brethren member has donated all of the pork, salad and mac-n-cheese, another all of the slaw, we are more than halfway on the tri-tip, we have two Backwoods Party cookers and a large Santa Maria grill. I suspect that yet another Brethren member will have donated enough sauce to cover the entire event, and we will be sending rub and sauce, as well as care packages home with the families. I plan to photograph most everything and will post a thread.

In truth, I would love it if the Unit were to reach out to use from time to time, to do more of these cooks. I also have a friend who does Wounded Warriors whom I have reached out to in the past about doing a BBQ class. That has been a slow starter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Im adding $500 from us(The Brethren) into the pot. You guys make me proud!!! Awesome showing!

A huge thanks to everyone that is involved, and to the BBQ Brethren for being so generous.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #37
landarc

I had hoped that a Yoder 1500 would mysteriously show up on my front porch for this cook, instead, we have over 30 volunteers and over $1000 donated. I can't tell you how much Marty, Larry and I appreciate how much The Brethren have done to assure that almost no effort on my part will feed the soldiers and their families, those who are returning and those deploying. While we still have to actually do the cook, we have all of the pieces in place already, in large part due to you all.

I am truly grateful.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 11-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #38
landarc

Oh, and we are going to stop taking donations, we have all that we expected to need, so, thanks again. There will be a follow up, with photos, for sure.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #39
johnnye23
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Man I so wish I could come and meet up with you guys for this great event , however I will be out of state at that time. Best wishes for a successful cook.
johnnye23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #40
PappaOscar
Full Fledged Farker

You guys are truly awsome.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #41
Big George's BBQ

Name/Nickname : George

Thanks to the Brethren for their donation and Bob thanks to your group for doing this You guys are awesome and make all of us proud To quote LMAJU Brethren Rock
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #42
landarc

I want to point out, as I have been receiving thanks for this...I have been doing not a whole lot, other than asking other people to do stuff. Here is what I know...

Motoeric has been kicking azz, making calls, getting donors and doing it all behind the scenes. If this comes off, he deserves a big call out. If it doesn't, it sure as heck wasn't his fault.

Marty Leach has donated hours of his time to the effort, making calls and doubling the money we have, including getting the cooking end taken care of.

Dave and Deny, of Bart's Blazin' Q have committed so much, Dave has insisted that he be allowed to run the cook, as he wants so badly to cook for these people, and Deny is planning on using their catering equipment, so the troops and families eat off of real service.

BBQ Grail has taken the initiative and is working with the National Guard, making the calls and arranging the schedule.

I sit around, eating cookies and asking people to do stuff, and they do it. People are committing their spouses, kids, resources etc...it is a busy time of year. I think many of these people understand that some of these people will be seeing their family come back together in just the right moment, but, others will be sending mom or dad off to 'who knows where' right when you want them at home. I appreciate the kudos, but, am going to spread them around generously.

Oh, and these products are being given to us. And not one of them has asked for recognition:
Head Country Sauce and Rubs
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce
Bart's Blazin' Q BBQ sauce

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 11-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #43
landarc

I truly do not think any of us knows the full depth of generosity that Phil shows for a whole lot of people in this country. Through the Brethren, and I don't, for a minute, believe it is really from the Brethren, Phil is making assurances that whatever we need, we will have the resources needed to make this thing happen.

I am speaking a little out of school here, but, I spoke with Phil yesterday, and I believe he was genuinely hurt, that I did not reach out to him and the Brethren first, to help make this happen. To be fair, I reached out to some local friends, and would never call someone in New York at 10pm West Coast time. Although I don't think Phil sleeps.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #44
landarc

Update 11/16/2013

I now must learn to tell time military style 13:38 huh?

Seriously, here is the new and not changing menu:
Tri-tip, Santa Maria style
Grilled marinated chicken breasts
Pulled pork
Hotdogs (for kids, unless someone really needs one)
miscellaneous rolls
flour tortillas (Sonoran style)

Caesar Salad
DeGuerre's Slaw
Fajita style vegetables
Rancho beans

Peach Cobbler
Cookies (chocolate chip, molasses, whatever I can get donated)

Head Country BBQ sauce
Bart's Blazin' Q BBQ sauce
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce (mild, medium, hot, why on earth!?)

We have made contact with the command officers and will see the facility this week. Dave Bart and I have discussed the food, and feel that we are pretty solid on everything. We will have two Backwoods cookers and a Santa Maria rig on site. We have upwards of 30 total volunteers from the Brethren and local friends, who will be serving, cooking and clean-up. At this point, thanks to everyone who has kicked in, we are looking like 95% of the details are covered.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 11-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #45
Old Smoke
is one Smokin' Farker

As veteran......
I say to you folks...... THANK YOU! for making this, a day to remember for these troops and their families.
To them I say... THANK YOU! for serving, which allows us the freedom to pursue our passion.

I am sorry that I can not be in attendance...

The four legged member of our family is scheduled for major surgery to repair a torn CCL (similar to ACL in humans) on the 6th, she will remain in the doggy hospital overnight and return home on the 7th.

This is a really GREAT! thing you guys 'n gals are doing for our troops.

KUDOS to ALL!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Brown it's cookin', black it's done"....................Dad. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Guess that is why he was truck driver, not a chef......:shocked:[/FONT]
Old Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote