Contest Announcment 5th Annual Winter Burnoff and Chili Competition, Des Plaines, IL - Feb 20, 2011

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 5th annual Winter Burnoff in Des Plaines, IL has room for more teams! This is a non sanctioned event that benefits
NOAH - The National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation

It is a great time every year. The organizer has also mentioned that they have added a chili competition.

5th Annual Winter Burnoff and Chili Competition

• Date: Feb 20th, 2010

• Place: River Rand Bowl
191 S. River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016

• Awards and 50/50 Pot: Approximately 4:00 pm

Entry form is here...
http://kresmokers.50megs.com/

That's the same weekend as Haines City FL and it's a slightly shorter drive for me. I'll be thinking of all of you and all that snow and cold.

Looking forward to this one, need the practice. besides it is suppose to be 72 and sunny this year

Is she using Bow and Arrow or a shot gun???? :becky::becky::becky:

Going to my room now....

What is the limit on boots????? Or is it different for guns and bows????

Maybe a pair of waders would work. I have a set that both of you could fit in together. LOL

I think it's two (as in a pair).

Sorry, those are out of season (those are for water, not ice)....

You guys are killing me!!!

Seriously. Hard to find boots for a woman with size 4 feet, at least good warm ones! Jeff and Ron, are you guys planning on judging or just hanging out?

FYI: For those interested in the chili comp part. they asked for 20$ per entry, 4 qts. per entry, and you need to bring a ladle or spoon. They will be setting up chafing dishes and providing small cups/bowls and spoons for those who pay to judge the chili

Seriously. Hard to find boots for a woman with size 4 feet, at least good warm ones! Jeff and Ron, are you guys planning on judging or just hanging out?

I can give you an old pair of my daughters boots.
Or you could try these from Cabelas. size 4 $69.95
s7_830184_999_01

Never heard of this one before! Does it all happen on one day? Do you make turn-in boxes like usual? When can you start to set up? Haw many teams usually ccompete?

All these questions!!!!

Thanks,

Never heard of this one before! Does it all happen on one day? Do you make turn-in boxes like usual? When can you start to set up? Haw many teams usually ccompete?

All these questions!!!!

Thanks,
It all happens on one day
KCBS garnish rules apply
Not sure of start time
15 to 25 teams
Go to www.kresmokers.com and contact Keith for the set up time.

I can give you an old pair of my daughters boots.
Or you could try these from Cabelas. size 4 $69.95
s7_830184_999_01

Thanks Chris, I'll let her know!

All these questions!!!!

Thanks,

Check in starts at 6AM. All in one day, turn in KCBS style, probably 15-20 teams. Categories are chicken, sausage (link, fatties, whatever) ribs, and pork loin/tenderloin. The said either a year or two ago and settled on tenderloin I think. One year, they did chicken ribs, tenderloin, and brisket...but I think too many folks complained.

People only complained because it was -30º... Not sure what the problem was. I was sweating in my RV...

Back