MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad
Default Side items - sizing and prices

What size options do you offer? Do you charge a flat cost per size or do you charge different prices for different side items?

What would you consider a fair/good price for a single serving of standard sides (beans, potato salad, etc.)?

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #2
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

What is the side offering? Is it for a food truck, drop off or on site buffet? We charge $1.50 for all 4oz servings for drop off or concessions. More for on site catering if we find that consumption to be higher.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
What is the side offering? Is it for a food truck, drop off or on site buffet? We charge $1.50 for all 4oz servings for drop off or concessions. More for on site catering if we find that consumption to be higher.
My bad. It's for a food truck.

So it goes - Vonnegut
Old 09-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

I would do a single size. As far as flat price for all sides, that would depend on your menu structure. Are sides ala Carte or are you selling combos (entree plus side). If youre selling ala carte, then I would do separate prices for each side. If you're doing combos then I'd do flat rates.
Look around your area for what others charge, but your prices should be based on your costs.
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:55 AM   #5
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotfehc View Post
Look around your area for what others charge, but your prices should be based on your costs.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty familiar with the COGS method of pricing, but I also know that you have to be competitive to make it. There really aren't any comparable operations to what I'll be doing in my area, so I was just trying to gauge what others are doing outside of my area.

So it goes - Vonnegut
Old 09-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #6
BBQ_Bama
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicket View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty familiar with the COGS method of pricing, but I also know that you have to be competitive to make it. There really aren't any comparable operations to what I'll be doing in my area, so I was just trying to gauge what others are doing outside of my area.
How close are you to Shreveport?
BBQ_Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #7
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ_Bama View Post
How close are you to Shreveport?
I'm staying in DeRidder right now, so I'm a couple of hours from Shreveport.

So it goes - Vonnegut
Thanks from:--->