Fried chicken and boiled peanuts

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I like publix, Popeyes, bojangles and just about all fried chicken. Just not my own. It's fine, just not great.....simian to my mac n cheese attempts....

Trying cut up thigh strips tonight in the cast iron.

Also got some green peanuts to make just a batch of salted and one with a lot of cayenne and some old bay. I'm decent at making boiled peanuts. These are pressure cooker.

More to come.
20201023_172514.jpg20201023_174123.jpg20201023_174937.jpg

It looks like you are taking it all southern tonight! Toss some greens on the plate (and I know you can cook those), and you will be there. For years, my sister would bring Publix chicken to family get-togethers and swear it was her own. Good luck if you are trying to reach that level of goodness.

I suck at the fried chicken too, but I started cooking boneless skinless thighs that were coated in heavily seasoned flour and they turned out good. They don't have the cruchy coating, just a light coating, but we like them well enough.

Chicken looks good! I have yet to get a chance to eat boiled peanuts. I would jump at the chance to try one of those spicy ones! Sounds good.

Ok so they were fine after the first batch, lol.

But just decent. Crunch was nice and flavor was fine. I'd eat it all day, but not when I can put zero effort into Publix :).

Marinated in some spices, milk pickle juice and hot sauce. Then flour, egg milk mix and season flour. Next time I might skip the double breading.

I buffalo sauced some that were good. Kids ate them so can't really complain and having them help is fun.

The peanuts are off the chain though!!!!
20201023_175808.jpg20201023_181121.jpg20201023_181305.jpg20201023_181508.jpg20201023_173116.jpg

I love boiled peanuts. I sucked at frying chicken. We just go to Popeyes or Publix. Your chicken looks good.

Please pass the boiled peanuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I made two 2.5lb batches and guessing the might not last today, especially with my dad coming over :).

I do have wings air chilling for today and am lucky I can get those exactly the way on want on the pitboss.
20201024_090521.jpg20201024_090526.jpg

Used to work with a girl originally from GA.

Never forget the first time she came back from a trip and offered me a 'bowled' peanut. Had never heard of them before. After eating one....I never ate a second.

Do you like regular peanuts or any kind? I get how some foods can have a crazy off flavor but never fully got why the boiled version of peanuts throws folks off.

Maybe a texture thing?

Good question for the group too. Anyone like peanuts or peanut butter, etc, but not boiled peanuts?

Chicken looks great, not a fan of boiled peanuts, got the same stove, its a pia to keep the black enamel clean

Back