MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #3241
West River BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Makes me want one.

Old 10-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #3242
BBQscott
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Scott

Is that a rib which!? That looks amazing! I wish your shop was closer to cali... :(

Old 10-17-2019, 05:17 AM   #3243
wire-it-up
is one Smokin' Farker

Stopped in to the Prized Pig for lunch on Tuesday. Got the brisket sandwich with a side of mac n cheese. The food was outstanding, and plentiful. More than enough to fill me up, and I'm a big eater. The staff was friendly and attentive. The decor was what you'd expect for a bbq joint. Everything was spotless... it all looks brand new. Jeremy was busy - I never saw him slow down. I'm estimating the number of dine in customers present during my lunch averaged about a dozen or so. I saw a long-time local restaurant owner and his wife eating at the next table. That's a good sign that the Pig is doing things right.

I wouldn't be surprised if they outgrow their space eventually. I'll definitely be back. May try a platter next time. I for sure want to get some pulled pork on my next visit. I hope the city of Mishawaka realizes what a gem they have, as Jeremy could have located his place anywhere he wanted to.
wire-it-up is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:30 PM   #3244
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire-it-up View Post
Stopped in to the Prized Pig for lunch on Tuesday. Got the brisket sandwich with a side of mac n cheese. The food was outstanding, and plentiful. More than enough to fill me up, and I'm a big eater. The staff was friendly and attentive. The decor was what you'd expect for a bbq joint. Everything was spotless... it all looks brand new. Jeremy was busy - I never saw him slow down. I'm estimating the number of dine in customers present during my lunch averaged about a dozen or so. I saw a long-time local restaurant owner and his wife eating at the next table. That's a good sign that the Pig is doing things right.

I wouldn't be surprised if they outgrow their space eventually. I'll definitely be back. May try a platter next time. I for sure want to get some pulled pork on my next visit. I hope the city of Mishawaka realizes what a gem they have, as Jeremy could have located his place anywhere he wanted to.
Hey, thanks for coming in! You could have flagged me down. But it's true, I don't stop when I'm here. I can't stop. If I keep my phone in my pocket I track my activity throughout the day. A typical day in this place is about 7-8 miles worth of walking and climbing 50-60 flights of stairs (usually carrying heavy stuff) and I'm so exhausted.

I'm glad the food was on point. Today has been pretty crazy for a weekday. It's only 2:30 and we've already done over 140 covers plus a catering for 60.

Next time you're in be sure to grab me to say hi!
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2019, 03:29 PM   #3245
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Glad to hear things are going well!

Old 10-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #3246
wire-it-up
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Hey, thanks for coming in! You could have flagged me down. But it's true, I don't stop when I'm here. I can't stop. If I keep my phone in my pocket I track my activity throughout the day. A typical day in this place is about 7-8 miles worth of walking and climbing 50-60 flights of stairs (usually carrying heavy stuff) and I'm so exhausted.

I'm glad the food was on point. Today has been pretty crazy for a weekday. It's only 2:30 and we've already done over 140 covers plus a catering for 60.

Next time you're in be sure to grab me to say hi!
I thought about getting your attention to talk Q, and ask how you are liking the grind (if that's the right word). But I don't like to bother a man when he is working. There are times when people like to call me at work for personal reasons, and it can get out of hand. Seems to run in streaks.

Anyway, I'll definitely be back, and I'm looking forward to sampling other menu items. My server was Kris, and she's great.
wire-it-up is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-18-2019, 07:27 AM   #3247
jacobp
Knows what a fatty is.

If its any indication of how good it is, I'll be making my third trip tomorrow for lunch.That rib sandwich is absolutely killer.
jacobp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #3248
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobp View Post
If its any indication of how good it is, I'll be making my third trip tomorrow for lunch.That rib sandwich is absolutely killer.
Awesome!

I'm working on a new idea later today. I'll post pics when it's ready.

Also, we're working on our first rotating sauce of the month. We're going to kind of tour the world each month with a unique take on BBQ sauce. Right now, think Asian. Just got back from the asian market with high end soy sauce, lemongrass, ginger, and way out of the box, black vinegar...

Stay tuned!
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2019, 07:43 AM   #3249
raycollazo
Knows what a fatty is.

Smile Amazing thread, Thank you

In the process of planning our first BBQ joint, have been in this mode for 6 months, now its just a matter of finding the right place. You really opened my eyes to alot, even things that my experts(multi-door restaurateurs) missed. You have provided an amazing real world journey here spanning over a few years that reads like a book. And I know you have never heard this but, yes there is a book here.
I think every backyard BBQ enthusiast hits the point that they at least consider what it may be like to have their own joint. This thread, or your would be "book" are amazing resources that will persuade or dissuade one to move forward.
Thank you very much, and I will certainly try to chronicle my journey on a thread as well.
raycollazo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #3250
jonfromjersey
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycollazo View Post
In the process of planning our first BBQ joint, have been in this mode for 6 months, now its just a matter of finding the right place. You really opened my eyes to alot, even things that my experts(multi-door restaurateurs) missed. You have provided an amazing real world journey here spanning over a few years that reads like a book. And I know you have never heard this but, yes there is a book here.
I think every backyard BBQ enthusiast hits the point that they at least consider what it may be like to have their own joint. This thread, or your would be "book" are amazing resources that will persuade or dissuade one to move forward.
Thank you very much, and I will certainly try to chronicle my journey on a thread as well.
Ray, looking forward to following your story. Hoping you decide on a location somewhere near us as there aren't any good BBQ joints around. Best of luck.

Old 10-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #3251
Bigbears BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Ray
I’m in Belford, keep us posted, wish you all the best.
OG PBC
Gen 1Weber performer
Bigbears BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #3252
raycollazo
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Belford, we are neighbors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbears BBQ View Post
Ray
I’m in Belford, keep us posted, wish you all the best.
Wow dude, Belford... i'm in North Middletown... Noticed you also have a GMG JB, I have one in my collection as well
raycollazo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #3253
Bigbears BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Yeah I love the JB, great. Capacity and set it and forget it what’s not to like
OG PBC
Gen 1Weber performer
Bigbears BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2019, 03:53 PM   #3254
mrjshirey
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : JShirey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Smoker View Post
Greetings,

Fellow brethren here in Wilmington, NC. First, id like to thank Jeremy for his years of providing updates to this thread. It has truely been invaluable to me as I am in the process of opening a smokehouse here. I read through the 200+ pages in 2 days. So thank you Jeremy. My question for y'all is would anyone be interested in me sharing and updating you guys on the progress of my new venture? I hope this isnt me hijacking the thread, i just figured it was sort of relevant.

Smoke on,
James

Did this thread ever start?

I have been reading through this one and am interested in another restaurant story.
mrjshirey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #3255
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Awesome!

I'm working on a new idea later today. I'll post pics when it's ready.

Also, we're working on our first rotating sauce of the month. We're going to kind of tour the world each month with a unique take on BBQ sauce. Right now, think Asian. Just got back from the asian market with high end soy sauce, lemongrass, ginger, and way out of the box, black vinegar...

Stay tuned!
You can do a lot with this stuff:

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote