MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Pit beotch ? at a KCBS comp

Can a cook do a category for 2 different teams at the same contest if they are not the head cook of either team? Like if i were do show up cook ribs for team A and then go over and do brisket for team B?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Rule 2) states:

Cooks and/or assistant cooks may only cook for their designated team at the contest they are attending.

http://www.kcbs.us/pdf/2011_Rules_an...12-10-2010.pdf
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
watg?
is One Chatty Farker

only if you stay until 8:00 PM on saturday

Startin the Fire-(a book) Everything you need to know about starting a competition BBQ team. (except the recipes) www.startinthefire.com

"Let me have a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, make it fast, I'm in a ---damn hurry". Sheriff Buford T.Justice
watg? is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by watg? View Post
you want me to make a call to that guy to get you out early?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Old 05-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Tiki Wolf
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by watg? View Post
Find your inner peace, George.....chant with me........OOommmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 05-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

ok, so can you cook at one site and coach at the one next to you? what constitutes cooking? actually touching the food?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
ok, so can you cook at one site and coach at the one next to you? what constitutes cooking? actually touching the food?
Starting to sound like Skip....

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Bandit View Post
Starting to sound like Skip....
hahahahah never!!

Old 05-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
MilitantSquatter

This must be you're first rodeo son...: )

go for it
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
This must be you're first rodeo son...: )

go for it
I was thinking that i might have to help you in getting acclimated back into comp cooking since its been a few years so i id take a category for you, how about chicken?

thank goodness that surveys and such knowledgeable info was available on here in yesteryear. Sigh, the good ole days. You think smoker is gonna be at the bash this summer at phils house?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
I was thinking that i might have to help you in getting acclimated back into comp cooking since its been a few years so i id take a category for you, how about chicken?

thank goodness that surveys and such knowledgeable info was available on here in yesteryear. Sigh, the good ole days. You think smoker is gonna be at the bash this summer at phils house?
Thanks for the chicken offer, but considering you're track record of assisting me, I'll pass...

Can't wait for the bash....
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
That'd be one for the reps, I guess.

I've certainly helped by answering questions for a rookie team in the spot next to ours . . . and I've been helped with advice from a seasoned veteran in a spot next to ours.

So, yeah - I'd say a team and cooks can and should share knowledge and techniques if they want to - but don't actually trim, prep, place meat in cooker, check on its progress, check pit temp, build boxes - all that actual hands on cooking stuff I think would violate rule 2.

But like I said, that'd be one for the reps. And I'm sure they'd be happy to answer your question if you asked them - that's what they're there for.
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #13
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
Thanks for the chicken offer, but considering you're track record of assisting me, I'll pass...

Can't wait for the bash....
Bob Devine is always available if you need help. After all he is a BBQ Legend (in his own mind).

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote