MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
aawa
Babbling Farker

Default BBQ Pron for the UFC Fights

Each UFC ppv, my roommates and I always get it and I do some bbq up. This card was no different.

I did some St. Louis Cut Ribs and a spatchcocked chicken. I only got a few pictures because I was in a rush to get everything done since I worked during the day, and my friends were here when I pulled everything off the smoker.

All of it was done on my UDS w/ cherry wood at 325 degrees, pumped by my new Pitmaster IQ110.

Here are the shots I'll leave here.

Rubbed with Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub.

Finished ribs, looking good. Glazed with Bone Sucking Sauce (hot)

One of my buddies who I am helping learn to bbq did some ribs up also. These are the ribs he did and brought over.

Here is the finished spatchcocked chicken. Only rubbed with the chicken rub out of Big Bob Gibson's BBQ book. Glazed with Bone Sucking Sauce (hot)

The ribs I did, were the best ribs I have put out in quite some time. The tenderness, smokiness and flavor profile were spot on for my tastes. All my friends loved them. The chicken was nice and juicy and lightly smokey. The skin was nice and bite though, but I should of protected some of the parts of the chicken with foil as it got a little bit darker than I wanted. I guess that is the downfall of cooking at night and only having a lantern to see everything.

My friend's ribs were quite tasty. They were a completely different flavor profile than mine. The only advice I gave him, was that he needed to let the ribs cook a little bit longer, as they had a slight tug on them. I showed him how to test the ribs for doneness with the bend test and I demonstrated it when I was checking my ribs. He jumped in and got to feel how the ribs feel when they are done as well. That was only the 2nd time he had done ribs. I'm looking forward to his next batch of ribs and how they turn out.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Wish I was a roommate right now

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
BBQDaddio
is one Smokin' Farker

Pass a few ribs please. Excellent cook

Old 09-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #4
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Great lookin ribs and bird.
Pass a leg this way.

real good on you for helping your friend learn the art of the Q

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Bludawg

Nice cook, I'd fark up a plate of bones & bird. Next time I'm In Va I'll stop by so you can demonstrate the bend test if I get free bones too

Old 09-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
Nice cook, I'd fark up a plate of bones & bird. Next time I'm In Va I'll stop by so you can demonstrate the bend test if I get free bones too
Stop on by, I always have plenty of food.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Phubar

CertiPhied Phighting Phoods!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
DriverWild
is one Smokin' Farker

I cooked a monster brisket for game day / UFC. That was one of the best fights I have ever watched! I thought for sure Jones was going to lose his belt.

Nice looking pron!

Old 09-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverWild View Post
I cooked a monster brisket for game day / UFC. That was one of the best fights I have ever watched! I thought for sure Jones was going to lose his belt.

Nice looking pron!
That was the first true test for Jon Jones. And it is candidate for Fight of the Year and the best Main Event Fight since Dan Henderson vs Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

I haven't been a Jon Jones fan, but that fight warmed me up to him quite a bit. I always knew Alexander Gustaffson was a tough SOB, but eating that many head kicks and still bringing it is a show of his durability and intestinal fortitude.