Beef eye of round roast

Gasket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a eye of round roast I would like to make for dinner tomorrow. I have never did one on the smoker. Any suggestions?

Season it with your favorite steak or beef rub and cook it at 225 until it hits 120-ish internal and then sear it all around on a hot grill until it is 130 - 135 internal.

Season it with your favorite steak or beef rub and cook it at 225 until it hits 120-ish internal and then sear it all around on a hot grill until it is 130 - 135 internal.

Any approximate idea how many hours this may take? I'm just trying to plan ahead for dinner. I was ready for an all nighter but if the roast is only going to take 4 or 5 hours I'll go to bed tonight and start her in the morning.

Go to bed. :) It really depends on the weight and shape of the roast, but a guesstimate is 30 minutes per pound. Hopefully others will have better data.

Go to bed. :) It really depends on the weight and shape of the roast, but a guesstimate is 30 minutes per pound. Hopefully others will have better data.

Again, Ron summed that up pretty well. The ones I've done haven't been very large, and I seem to recall around 3 or so hours of time. I may have been running a bit hotter (in general, the smaller the piece of meat, the hotter I run). Definitely this is not an overnighter.

Back