IT'S ON!! N Tx/ S. Ok Bash Sat Nov 2nd Lake Ray Roberts

I'll put in an early vote to move it to a week later (April 12) as opposed to earlier. My anniversary is March 21, and my wife's birthday is March 31. We also may be going to PA for a vacation somewhere at the end of March or very beginning of April.

Hey, Smitty! Let's nail down a date on this after the new year? Whaddya say? :wink:

Can we also look at who attended, and where they came from, and select the location based on that -- and input from people who didn't come and want to?

I like Lake Ray Roberts, since it is close to me, but prefer the Isle du Bois campground, so I don't have to drive 100 miles to go 30 miles as the crow flies. I have a lot of camping experience at Isle du Bois. It is a nice park.

If we have a lot of brethren coming from Oklahoma, I can maybe understand Johnson Branch. But, if most brethren are coming from DFW, Isle du Bois is closer. It's in Peeps' backyard. And even from Oklahoma, Isle du Bois is quite possibly a shorter drive.

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but glad I'm seeing it now - thanks for putting up those pix y'all - looks like good times and good eats with good folks!

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but glad I'm seeing it now - thanks for putting up those pix y'all - looks like good times and good eats with good folks!

I have a bigass tent, and a second smaller but awesome tent, if one likes his privacy. I'll even pick one up at the airport, if one feels like coming to the next NT bash. :becky:

CD

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
My sister will be moving away from Austin at some point this year. I've always said I was gonna visit her (I used to live there as well). I need to go there before she moves, so I'm gonna keep this thread here in mind as I plan that. It may or may not work out, but it would be a cool thing to try to do. :hungry:

gtr, would be pretty awesome if you could come hang out with us. We'll treat ya right for sho!

Agree with CD about Isle du Bois campground instead of Johnson Branch.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
+1 for Isle du Bois if we do Ray Roberts. That giant u-turn you have to make to go right past Isle du Bois to get to Johnson makes no sense at all. Depending on where folks are coming from in OK, Eisenhower might work. Cedar Hill would make it easier for anyone coming from the south, and because it is right off of 35 would still be fairly convenient for OK folks as well.

I'm good with whatever. I'm hoping to camp at the next one, also.

Can we pin down a date by the end of this month? Easter weekend (April 18-20) is the only bad weekend for me in March/April right now.

peeps, that would be good for me too. We're having to submit our work schedules six weeks in advance now and want to take some vacation time so we can camp out.

So, Smitty ain't been in here in a bit....

Any objections to April 12th? If we pin down the date, we can start looking for park facility availability and IDB sounds like the preferred spot for now.

Since I was the one who originally asked for April 12, I will have to say yes that works for me.:-D

So, Smitty ain't been in here in a bit....

Any objections to April 12th? If we pin down the date, we can start looking for park facility availability and IDB sounds like the preferred spot for now.

April 12th works for me - What's IDB?

I'm gonna do the Fattest Fancy Fatty. :shock:
So someone needs to call IDB and see if they like BBQ.

I can try to give them a ring sometime over the next week or so...and I'll make a new thread.

Back