• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Look at what my brother brought to me today... what would you do???

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
while working today my brother called and said he was bringing me a pig he caught at the farm in one of me and Tyler's traps. The pig weighed in @
30#s. He caught another 1 that weighed 100# but dressed it for sausage. How would you cook it ??? That is my buddy behind me acting goofy as always

buster my min pin will literally climb a tree to get to a squirrel

Heck, I would boil it up then drown it in sauce from the store. Yessir!

Or, I guess you could chill it for a couple of days, then throw it in a handy cooker and make some fine pork sandwiches.

I have cooked up 5 that size in the last few months, I split the spine and the ribs and cook them on their back, season salt and some black pepper for a rub in the cavity.

Nice brother! I bet you will come up with an awesome way to cook that pig Paul. Lookin' forward to seeing what you do with it! :cool:

Buster is a go-getter for sure! :-D

Thanks guys and gals my wheels are spinning in my head.... Garret don't tempt me LOL ..... Jen buster spends all day chasing squirrels from pecan tree to pecan tree. The pecans are falling and I hope to have a bumper crop. I appreciate all the suggestions

Can't help you w/ the pig, but can I borrow Buster for a few months?!

I'm in perpetual warfare w/ those #$@! tree-rats. :tsk:

Brother if I let you borrow buster I might as well pack my bags too!!!! That dog is the head honcho at this house I would be in BAAAAAdD trouble with the misses!!!!!

You know, if you had a large enough pot, and this is gonna sound a little nuts, you could deep fry that sucker. Wild hogs can be a little dry, lower in fat and all, and slow frying it, sort of like carnitas, might yield up a fantastic meal or three.

You know, if you had a large enough pot, and this is gonna sound a little nuts, you could deep fry that sucker. Wild hogs can be a little dry, lower in fat and all, and slow frying it, sort of like carnitas, might yield up a fantastic meal or three.

I got to help cook a half of a wild hog in Texas years ago.
There is darned little fat in those things. I would baste it while cooking it like every hour.

Well first off you know you have the cooker/s for it.
If you do decide to put it on the cooker, I'd go the route Bludawg suggested and pack the inside with sausage and a bacon blanket. That would keep er moist with the all the fat they have in them.

Jus an idea there.

I got a min pin too, She's a killer like Buster. Runs the house too, even the Rottie respects Xena :laugh:

Well first off you know you have the cooker/s for it.
If you do decide to put it on the cooker, I'd go the route Bludawg suggested and pack the inside with sausage and a bacon blanket. That would keep er moist with the all the fat they have in them.

Jus an idea there.

I got a min pin too, She's a killer like Buster. Runs the house too, even the Rottie respects Xena :laugh:
Diesel Dave beat me to the punch, but I have stuffed the cavity with whole corn, rice, and fatback, or saltpork and sewn it closed with stainless fishing leader and slow roasted small piglets on a spit. It's the other white meat! Baste it with a mop of your choice. mmm mmm good! Campbells Crispy pig!

Back