BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Chicken"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Chicken"[/SIZE]
Img16.gif

Photo from Saint Ignatus Mission calendar of events

It's Memorial Day weekend this week, and everywhere grills will be firing up to BBQ some chicken! Let's kick it up Brethren style!:cool:

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 5/18 - 5/24 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 5/25.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 5/19 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 5/31. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be decided by the winner of the Anything Goes throwdown, Jeff in KC!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Hang on a second... if we cook the 18th through the 24th, how can voting thread open up on the 19th??? Don't you mean voting will begin by Tuesday, May 26?

Hang on a second... if we cook the 18th through the 24th, how can voting thread open up on the 19th??? Don't you mean voting will begin by Tuesday, May 26?
Good catch, I missed that during the orginal editing I guess. it is too late for me to change it now though, edit feature is gone now.

OK, just so everyone knows, voting wil start on Tuesday May 26th for Chicken, OK?

Jon, there's no taste or tenderness votes here. It's all about... PHOTOGRAPHY! :lol::lol::lol:

it isn't always about the photography. sometime the best technical photograph does not win. people vote the way they do for a variety of reasons. someone voted against me one time because they didn't like sour cream. go figure :roll:

enter. there can only be one winner. look at the cornmeal thread. only one entry so far and we are approaching the deadline for entries quickly. looks like thirdeye wins another.

Crapola.....I cooked my perfect chicken two days too early. You just know whatever I do this week will look like @$$ ;)

What the heck, I'll give it a go!

Here is my entry!!!!! A practice session that I just finished!!!

Attachments

• 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 400
it isn't always about the photography. sometime the best technical photograph does not win. people vote the way they do for a variety of reasons. someone voted against me one time because they didn't like sour cream. go figure :roll:

enter. there can only be one winner. look at the cornmeal thread. only one entry so far and we are approaching the deadline for entries quickly. looks like thirdeye wins another.

Good response. Rick is right on about this. Don't sit back in the armchair and not enter. Get in the game and have fun which is what this is all about. I have finished dead last more than once but my lovely bride of 24 years and I have fun with it. ENTER SOMETHING AND ENJOY!!!

Back