MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Discussion and Reflection > Our Fallen Brother

Notices

Our Fallen Brother Brethren. The threads in this forum are in memory of a fallen brother. Please read what has transpired the week of 9/3/06 and say a prayer for KCquer and his family.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #16
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

All around, it has been a special weekend, commencing with Thursday evening. Scott would have highly approved. I'm sure he knows.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #17
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

All I can say after watching that is

Job Well Done.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #18
Solidkick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348
All I can say after watching that is

Job Well Done.
John, you don't know how good that makes me feel....we sent brother Scott out in style...only how those that loved as a Brethren could....and we did it for those that couldn't be with us in person....my Bass Pro family was moved beyond words....and even though they never knew Scott and know very little of our Brethren family, THEY KNEW that they had just experienced something very special in their lives....

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #19
sfisch
is One Chatty Farker

You guys did good, thanks from us who couldn't be there.

Scott
sfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #20
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Oh yes, a big thank you. You guys realy are a class act.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #21
bbqbull
Watching over us.

You guys are pure class. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:06 PM   #22
StLouQue

A standing "O," fellas.

Reading, hearing and viewing the tributes everyone has offered since Scott's passing makes me wish I'd known him. An individual capable of inspiring an outpouring of love as witnessed here is truly a treasure.

I bow in your general direction, e.

To Scott's family and friends, my deepest sympathies.

Steve
Old 09-11-2006, 06:12 AM   #23
Bigdog

On Sunday I cooked a load of burgers on the kettle for the family and friends. I usually use charcoal and mesquite chips, but this time to honor Bro. Scott, I used cherry. Came out awesome. Sweeter flavor and much more subtle. Everyone loved them. Thanks kc. Love ya bro.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:24 AM   #24
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

Thanks for sharing, along with many others, wish I could have been there.
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:32 AM   #25
Qczar
Full Fledged Farker

The way you guys pulled that all together, could`nt have been done better.

Good job. I`m sure KC felt it.
- Wally World / Turkey Fryer & Fish Basket
- Mini 14" Weber kettle
- Char-Broil Electric Vertical Smoker
- Little Chief Electric Fish Smoker x2
- Char-Broil Komander
Qczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:05 AM   #26
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

I put on "Simple Kind of Man" on my way home last night. Put a tear in my eye. Nice job guys, wish I was there.
Lang 60 Marie Laveau
Deep South Single Chamber Glenda
WSM 22.5 Asmarelda
22.5 OTG Samantha
Weber Genesis Mocha
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #27
Arlin_MacRae

Phil, your post was the most touching thing I've experienced since I've been one of the Brethren. Thank you for representing us - and for saying a collective goodbye to our lost brother.

Arlin

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #28
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thank you brothers.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #29
Bellybro
is one Smokin' Farker

It was a privelage for me to be able to do the moment of silence and short tribute.

We asked the band if they new the song on the memorial page and they did not and he said hey what about Simple Man by Lynard I said I think that would be perfect actually.

Smoke on Scott!!!!

Belly Brothers BBQ Team
2007, 2008 and 2010 Best BBQ Team in Boone County, MOFO Country.
Pull Behind Grill and Spicewine Smoker.
Weber Silver Kettle
Mega Margarita Machine
Bellybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #30
Jorge

I think I finally resemble a human today, after getting a full night of sleep.

Thursday afternoon I left San Antonio where I had to take my Mom to one of her Docs. Unlike Phil I would not have gotten a warning ticket, since it took about 3 hrs. to drive 280 miles to make my 8:30 flight. I think KC was giving me some help since I seemed to slow down or change lanes at just the right times

I make it to Kansas City, and I'm somewhat screwed. I go to pick up the rental and all they have left are.....mini vans No offense to anyone that drives one....I just knew what I'd be in for. I take the scenic route down to Olathe, because it was virtually impossible to get lost going that way. I made it all the way to the motel, and took a turn where I thought there should be an entrance to the parking lot....it was an access road back onto I-35 I finally pull into the parking lot and right up by the lobby are a bunch of farkers sucking down Corona. I have got to be in the right place! Meeting Doorbuster and Bigdog for the first time made the abuse worthwhile. After one beer and being called a soccer mom a couple dozen times I called it a day.

The service for KC was great. I knew how important this group was to him, but seeing how important others knew it was to him was amazing. There were a few tough moments. It was good to get to know KC a little bit better. During the visitation we looked at a photo album of is work with cabinets. Absolute perfection and attention to detail, as expected!

For you LawnGuyLanders...when you are in the midwest, and a car with flashing lights is behind you, you are supposed to pull over on the side of the road and stop. If the officer pulls over and stops behind you, then you should roll your window down and turn off the engine You should not keep asking the passengers in your vehicle if you are being pulled over

The ultimate roadtrip. We stop at Costco because Phil, being Phil WILL DO A PRIME RIB in Columbia. First stop is to visit Jeff and Wayne in Blue Springs. It was a pleasure to meet them as well. I have no doubt those guys have a good time cooking next to each other. Jeff had some Shiner in the cooler and saved my life with his hospitality. I owe you Jeff! Doorbusters was there and I have now come to this conclusion. The next time I'm around him I need a double shot of espresso to keep up The man has a motor that runs at very high RPMs Wayne had THE margarita machine that started the craze here, and I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting a picture of him with it. We strolled over to say hello to Rod Gray (kcpellethead) and he was as nice and friendly as always. It was great to see all of them, and I wish we'd had a little more time to spend.

On the road to Columbia.... Ever seen a grown man go crazy in a Stuckey's? Nuff said.

I don't know what to say about my experience in Columbia. We pulled in and there was a parking space right there between a couple of the Belly Bros. JT had just pulled in after leaving the service and heading home to do what he needed to do. It seemed to me like we were always running late, but we must have had some help with that timing. Belly Bros, and Team Q! I can't thank them enough for the hospitality and generosity. I'd never met one of them before, and it was better than a family reunion even under the circumstances. What can I say about the Belly Bros? They fed a small army for dinner and then turned around and did a comp and walked. Before leaving I asked Kick if there would be some of Sweet T's famous hash brown casserole and he promised that there would be. I'm holding both of them responsible for the coming weight gain now that they told me the recipe is on the site and I got some pointers from the master herself. The food was first class and the fellowship was better.

Team Q! A great bunch of guys. Just as the Belly Bros rolled out the welcome mat Team Q went out of their way to make everyone comfortable! I can't tell you how many times I heard Jay say "Whatever you need!". Fredbird prepped a kettle for Phil's prime rib, AND handled the half of Jay's cooker that he had turned over to Phil! Steve was the same way, making sure everyone had everything they needed or wanted and a pleasure to meet. Keep in mind this is at a comp, and Team Q nabbed GC Bags is a piece of work. It took me an hour or so to figure the guy out I don't think you could get a rise out of him with a cattle prod When he talks, it's worth listening to.

I submitted my post before adding something very important. Before the moment of silence in Columbia there was some conversation about what should be said. It was tough to come up with the right words. John stepped up to the plate, ended the struggle to come up with those words. Afterwards I told him that nobody could have done a better job. Looking back at it today he was the perfect person for the job. KC did his first competition with the Belly Bros, and it was home for them. Jay....the man stood there with a burning chimney of Cherry wood, and the symbolism closed the deal. I can't thank you both for the special memory that you gave all of us.

As much as KC loved to cook, it was people that he cared about the most. I made the trip to pay my respects to a good friend. I came home having spent time with new friends. I think he would approve.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote