MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
lunchlady
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Snowshoe Grilling Challenge 2010

What an awesome day!
Snowshoe 2010 is officially in the books as the "BEST EVER!"

The last-minute switch to the main hall at the VFW was fantastic, and at the time of awards, I don't think there was an empty table to be found. From the feedback I have received, this change was 'two thumbs up'... plenty of room for everyone (inside and out), and the 'no smoking' inside was a pleasure for all. I want to tell all teams and judges that may have stayed away because of the smokiness in the past, that this change is permanent and definitely for the better. Now that we have more room, we are able to expand and not 'max out' at 21 teams.
Please keep us in mind for next year, and I promise to keep a better eye on the ash situation... sincere apologies for the lake and mud in front of the ash pit.

I need to thank every team, judge, rep, volunteer, sponsor and guest! With ALL of your help, even in this economy, we managed to raise almost $900 for the Abington Food Pantry! This money will allow the AFP to go to the Greater Boston Food Bank and buy almost 9000 DOLLARS worth of food!
I could not have imagined a better turnout, so...
I THANK YOU ALL again!

GRAND CHAMPION - I SMELL SMOKE!!!
Reserve Grand - Q HAVEN
3rd overall - LAKESIDE SMOKERS
4th overall - I QUE
5th overall - MEAT @ SLIM'S

1st place rib eye - I SMELL SMOKE!!!
1st place chix wing - RED ROSE CAFE
1st place fatty - INSANE SWINE BBQ
1st place Chef's Choice - WILDWOOD BBQ

Full results can be found at www.nebs.org
Check your April National BBQ News for the in-depth article...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
See you soon!
michelle and gary
[URL="http://www.nebs.org"][I][FONT=Century Gothic]www.nebs.org[/FONT][/I][/URL]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]2 Backwoods Partys [/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]WSM, 2 Weber kettles, Weber Performer[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Large BGE[/FONT][/I]
lunchlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
CTSmokehouse
is One Chatty Farker

Smile

WTG! Congrats to all who walked and competed! Congrats ISS and QHaven! Great weather! Hope to join you one day! Kudos Michelle and Gary!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff
CharGriller Outlaw with Mods,2X WSM in Comp. Mode
Weber Kettle 22" Gold, Kirkland Signature SS Gas Grill
La Caja Asadora - Caja China - Cajun Microwave 1
"Primal Meat Smokers" BBQ Team
Purple Primal Smoker Turtle!
CTSmokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Skidder
Babbling Farker

I agree this is one great contest and a lot of fum. Everyone in New England or wherever should try to make this grilling charity contest. The only thing I wish is that more teams could enter. I couldn't make it this year (work calls) but had a great time last year. The teams that won this year are top notch teams and deserve the wins. All are fantastic cooks. I.S.S. what can you say,Qhaven a great team and Lakeside there record from last year proves they have it down. Congrats to all and to all those from NEBS who helped put it on. Great bunch of folks who make you feel more than welcome.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
lunchlady
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
... The only thing I wish is that more teams could enter..
In my last post I mentioned that the logistics for the event have just changed. We now have the use of the main hall, which means that we could have as many judges as we need. Before there just wasn't enough room in the members lounge for more than three tables of judges.
Next year we won't have to limit the teams to 21... we can go for as many as we want, which is awesome!
I'm thinking the LARGEST GRILLING COMPETITION IN THE WORLD!!!!!
(although my reps may not enjoy that all that much)
One more thing... I have been working the VFW for an overnight BBQ contest.. seems as though they are willing. Now we just need more weekends available and someone (hint hint) to organize it, since I'd really love to cook right down the street from my house!
[URL="http://www.nebs.org"][I][FONT=Century Gothic]www.nebs.org[/FONT][/I][/URL]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]2 Backwoods Partys [/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]WSM, 2 Weber kettles, Weber Performer[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Large BGE[/FONT][/I]
lunchlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

I agree this year was awesome! Great weather, and no smoky VFW. Congrats to ISS!!! and Q-Haven.

-Mike

In polite society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions hobbies. - Stephen King
Lakeside Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 AM   #6
Meat@Slim's
Full Fledged Farker

A great time! Thanks to the Tafts! And then The Red Rose for burgers and handcut fries. Awesome weekend!