BBQ @ the Beach State Championship - Raystown, PA Sept. 17-19th"

I just did a warm up for nearly 100 people at the lake. I took my new build over to the visitors center and slow cooked 360 wings, then seared and sauced them. It was a great time and everyone is getting excited about the event!

34606_112904208758796_106207189428498_83983_7068761_n.jpg
37664_112904258758791_106207189428498_83987_1196799_n.jpg

Thanks for the invite Turkey. What are the time and cost details? We haven't decided if we're rolling in Thursday or Friday but this might seal the decision. I've wanted to take the judges class for a while. Also what are the details of the open grilling comp? I didn't include that in my entry cause I figured I'll have enough on my mind.

By the way Turkey....that's a sweet rig!

Thanks! As for the judging class, that is a fee set by KCBS and I believe it is $50 a person which we do not see a dime of. It all goes to KCBS but someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe it goes to your membership also.

As for the open grilling, it is included in the comp package of $300 which includes a 20x30 space, water electric and 1 bag ice per team, KCBS entry, open grilling, 1 lb of hamburger per team, a welcome gift, entry into the best decorated site contest, a lake cruise friday night, and more to come. On site meat delivery is now an option also which we are working up a price for now. but it will be delivered Friday night in plenty of time for meat inspections Saturday.

On another note - Ed sent me an email asking me to post this after he read my response to you about the annoyance.

"Good post and accurate. I like hearing from everyone! If the teams are happy, the visitors will be happy. Let me know anything else? Please teams, get apps in postmarked 7/15. Payment can come by 8/15 and that is fine. We are limiting the field to 25 teams in our first year, so forms need to arrive for a spot to be reserved. I am counting down the days until Barbeque at the Beach! Yesterday's preview event was a lot of fun. -- Ed, raystowned@gmail.com"

Thanks and keep the dialogue going! This is exciting!!

Sound like a we have a winner!

I'm sure I can get some waffle irons to borrow, but who is bringing the real maple syrup and real butter? these are the important question in life. If some one want to help, I'll make the waffles :becky:

We'll need coated plates, forks, knives & napkins, who else is in??

I'm sure I can get some waffle irons to borrow, but who is bringing the real maple syrup and real butter? these are the important question in life. If some one want to help, I'll make the waffles :becky:

i have waffle iron as well as I know how to make killer waffles

I can handle the plates, forks and knives for sure!

I have a deep fryer and can get the chicken. What chicken parts do we want? I have never done anything more then wings in the deep fryer. Is there a coating I can get for the chicken? brand?

we will need a head count closer to the event.

Sal

I have a deep fryer and can get the chicken. What chicken parts do we want? I have never done anything more then wings in the deep fryer. Is there a coating I can get for the chicken? brand?

we will need a head count closer to the event.

Sal
I am sure others can chime in but heres what i would do. Soak chicken overnite in buttermilk. Mix up flower, paprika,cayenne,salt & pepper. Dredge the chicken in that flour mix and drop in the fryer. As far as parts go, they are all used: breast, thigh, leg and wings

I just did a warm up for nearly 100 people at the lake. I took my new build over to the visitors center and slow cooked 360 wings, then seared and sauced them. It was a great time and everyone is getting excited about the event!

That's a great looking unit.....reminiscence of a stumps reverse flow :thumb:. Please tell me your burning sticks in that thing?

That's a great looking unit.....reminiscence of a stumps reverse flow :thumb:. Please tell me your burning sticks in that thing?

Thanks! I haven't burned sticks yet since I don't have it but I've been burning lump. I use compressed wood chips for flavor. This last burn was briquettes which were terrible to get hot enough.

First, changed the name...F & F BBQ was way too not good. fff Q is the new name and we're officially named on the "who's in" list.
Ok, some probably redundant questions...

The lake cruise is Friday night? What time?
The bands are who and when?
What time is the Judging Class on Friday?
What time are the awards on Sunday?
Arethe cooking demo/classes mandatory and when are they?

None of these questions are asked with attitude, I'm just trying to piece this thing together mentally. I for some reason thought the main comp was Saturday so I just actually learned that it is Sunday.

All answers would be much appreciated. THANKS!!

The lake cruise is Friday night? What time?
The bands are who and when?
What time is the Judging Class on Friday?
What time are the awards on Sunday?
Arethe cooking demo/classes mandatory and when are they?

All answers would be much appreciated. THANKS!!
-The lake cruise will be after the potluck and live music. I believe we are looking at a 10pm cruise and it will be 60-90 min.
-The band info I have is only that we are having them Friday and Saturday Night, a kids area is set up for Saturday, a classic car cruise is set for Sunday. I tried to reach Ed for specifics on all this but he is unavailable. If you would like, feel free to give him a call directly at 888-RAYSTOWN X11.
-The judging class is set for Thursday and we are working all that out with the Lovlies who are our KCBS reps.
-Awards are tentatively posted for 4pm Sunday.
-Cooking class / demo's are not mandatory and will be scheduled soon for a few hours Saturday. If you are interested, send me a PM or call Ed to get listed and discuss your given topic.

I wish I could answer these questions better but I have been out of the loop with Ed for about 2 weeks now.

I'll get you better answers ASAP! Keep'em coming!

Back