• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal Open Results

The Brethren's own HoDeDo finished in Reserve
along with:
8 - IQue
9 - Great Grills
15 - Ribs4U
16 - Plowboy
24 - Sloppy Creek
29 - Pickled Pig
31 - KC Can Crew
43- Caveman Cuisine

That's just some of the top few. Gotta run for a minute, my turn for a nice hot shower.

Sounds like a great weekend, congrats to all who got calls:-D

The RGC is all that good karma Kim earned a couple of weeks ago coming through:biggrin:, good things happen to good people:eusa_clap

I'm so proud of Andy, I don't even have words for it. Andy has become one of my all time best friends. He's the kind of friend who you'll do anything for and will do anything for you. Andy and I talk almost every day. Most of the time it is about BBQ, family, or this place... kind of a combo of the former two. We've learned a lot from each other and together.

It is exciting when we can cook together... do well... cook separately, and still do well. All I have to say is look out in 2009!!! We'll kick it off in Little Rock!

I'm also proud of Randy and the original Pork Pullin Plowboys team. Randy is the brother I never had. We started this BBQ journey in 2001. We've had plenty of average and less than average results. My first thought when we got our first call at the American Royal Open today was how far we've come from the beginning. To finish 16th in that field was a special moment that I was proud to share with my "brother".

BBQ Trailer and camper are cleaned and sitting in storage already. The lack of sleep is setting in.

I'm so proud of Andy, I don't even have words for it. Andy has become one of my all time best friends. He's the kind of friend who you'll do anything for and will do anything for you. Andy and I talk almost every day. Most of the time it is about BBQ, family, or this place... kind of a combo of the former two. We've learned a lot from each other and together.

It is exciting when we can cook together... do well... cook separately, and still do well. All I have to say is look out in 2009!!! We'll kick it off in Little Rock!

I'm also proud of Randy and the original Pork Pullin Plowboys team. Randy is the brother I never had. We started this BBQ journey in 2001. We've had plenty of average and less than average results. My first thought when we got our first call at the American Royal Open today was how far we've come from the beginning. To finish 16th in that field was a special moment that I was proud to share with my "brother".

BBQ Trailer and camper are cleaned and sitting in storage already. The lack of sleep is setting in.

Todd your a class act and I love hearing everyones success stories from where they began to where they are now. Congrats to Andy and Kim and everyone else who got a call today. I was down there thursday night and last night and it was fun to see everyone! Congrats again!

Great words, Todd! Tammy and I are also proud of Andy and Kim! What an absolute deserved finish for Smoke on Wheels!

Lee and I were very surprised today when we saw the sheets saying we finished 24th overall! That was with no calls! Oddly enough our brisket was what we thought was best today after we considered it the lowest of the four categories in the Invitational. Turns out, it was by far our lowest place (108th). Probably would have cracked the top 20 overall had it been in the same range as our other three categories.

It was a legendary weekend for Sloppy Creek! Thursday night, we hosted a poker party at our site and I won... I NEVER win at poker! Saturday morning, I caught my Spicewine on fire when grease burst into a roaring inferno not ten minutes before we were going to put ribs on it. Thankfully everything else had been wrapped, removed and placed into Lee's FEC to finish! Also luckily, the team next to us failed to show so we were able to pull the smoker over into the open area to prevent our canopy from catching on fire! Followed that up with a DAL in pork in the Invitational and took loads of chit from my brothers for that! :lol: And for an encore, we decided that our sausage box should be made from puppy peters trimmed to form the words "EAT ME". No visit from the reps so... Finally, hitting 24th out of 459 teams was a great capper to the weekend!

It was awesome to meet several Brothers I had previously not gotten to meet - Vinny, Sled, Sean, Scott, Speedo, Jaberwabe, Transformer, Tom and Christy and DaChief! Sorry if I left out anyone... I'm totally beat and not thinking clearly! Got home from the Royal, unloaded and then trimmed and seasoned 18 pork butts to cook tomorrow in preparation of feeding 250 folks! I haven't even gotten to shower yet. :eek:

Last edited:
Congrats to all who walked especially Sloppy Creek my Co-worker! Good Job Tammy

A huge congratulations to all of our Brethren who participated in the AR., and especially to those who got a call.
I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you, and desire to meet more in the years to come.
To the ones I've met, Andy and Todd, WAY TO GO, BROS!:-D
Andy, what a sweet success you have...RGC!
Todd, What can I say? You ARE a classy guy, and apparently very humble. That's refreshing...
:wink:

The Brethren's own HoDeDo finished in Reserve
along with:
8 - IQue
9 - Great Grills
15 - Ribs4U
16 - Plowboy
24 - Sloppy Creek
29 - Pickled Pig
31 - KC Can Crew
43- Caveman Cuisine

That's just some of the top few. Gotta run for a minute, my turn for a nice hot shower.

Add Rub in 26th!!

I am so proud and happy, and celebrating madly for all our peeps that took on the American Royal this year!

Congratulations are in order for Andy and Kim... what a great job!!!!
I'm thinking a painful recovery as well...:wink: Woo-hoo!!!

I Que, I Smell Smoke, Transformer and the BBQ-Brethren- ya done New England proud yet again! Nice job!

I wanna shout out to the MoFO's as well... nice finishes by many... Great Grills, Plowboy, Sloppy Creek (I saw the 24th overall dude:mrgreen:) The Slabs, Rub... so many that I noticed with great finishes.
I mean sh*t people... it's the freakin' AMERICAN ROYAL!!!! I can remember when it was all just a dream...

Be proud, all y'all, and bring it with ya to Tennessee!

Congratulations to everyone... safe home.

The calls:
Overall:
1 Four Men And A Pig
2 Smoke on Wheels
3 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
4 Smokin' Triggers
5 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
6 Music City Pig Pals
7 Little Pig Town
8 I QUE
9 Great Grills O' Fire
10 Wabash BBQ
11 Fast Eddy's BBQ
12 Smokin' Guns BBQ
13 BOYLES CORNED BEEF CO.
14 Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q
15 Ribs 4 U
16 Pork Pullin Plowboys
17 Wild Bunch Butt Burners
18 Grillas BBQ Team
19 Where's the Smoke
20 I Smell Smoke !!!

Chicken:
1 Little Pig Town
2 Smoke on Wheels
3 Let's Kick Some Ash
4 Ribs 4 U
5 Caveman Cuisine
6 Rogue Q Smokers of the S
7 Fast Eddy's BBQ
8 I QUE
9 Porkrastinators
10 Lotta Bull BBQ
11 Four Men And A Pig
12 Team Bobby-Q""
13 Treat America Smokers
14 Bare Knuckles BBQ
15 KC Can Crew
16 Jackpot BBQ
17 The Will Deal Catering &
18 Edgar County Food & Beve
19 Joe Davidson's Grill Cam
20 4 Mile Smokin' Crew

Ribs:
1 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
2 Smokin' Triggers
3 Albert's Ash Kickin' BBQ
4 Next Year's Winner
5 Smoke on Wheels
6 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
7 Great Grills O' Fire
8 Don't Que Me Bro
9 Music City Pig Pals
10 Evolution Smokers
11 Transformer BBQ
12 Sedalia Master Basters
13 800 Call-KC
14 JP Custom Smoke
15 Fat Cat's BBQ
16 Reservoir Hogs
17 CHIX, SWINE & BOVINE Bbq
18 one slice at a time
19 Throw Me A Bone
20 Scotty D's Built for BBQ

Pork:
1 Hang Em High
2 Four Men And A Pig
3 Slow and Easy
4 The O'le 96R's
5 Boondoggle BBQ
6 Little Pig Town
7 KC Can Crew
8 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
9 KC Skin-n-Bones
10 Hogs N Horns
11 Lightning BBQ
12 P. D. T.
13 Pork Pullin Plowboys
14 Bewildered BBQ
15 Mizzucrew BBQ
16 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
17 Park Avenue Pork
18 Brewers' Smokin' & Choki
19 Belly Brothers BBQ Team
20 Wild Bunch Butt Burners

Brisket:
1 Where's the Smoke
2 Stoddard and Brown
3 Brew 'N' Bar-B-Que
4 Four Men And A Pig
5 Burnt Finger BBQ
6 Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q
7 Rogue Q Smokers of the S
8 JP Custom Smoke
9 Bubba's BBQ Fixens
10 Spamalot!
11 Fast Eddy's BBQ
12 BOYLES CORNED BEEF CO.
13 RIB STARS BBQ
14 Jellyroll Jones
15 VIRGINIA BBQ PIRATES
16 Motley Que Crew
17 Mel's BBQ
18 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
19 TURCO
20 Who Let The Hogs Out

Sorry if I miss any Brethren -

Last edited:
Congrats to all the Brethren,you make us proud to be Brothers.

Back