• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Gateway Drums

I am finishing my UDS this weekend. What's the difference between the UDS and the Gateway? I'm new to this entire scene and I am enjoying is so far. My first comp will be the 28th of May. Apologize if this is a stupid question in advance. Still learning.

I am finishing my UDS this weekend. What's the difference between the UDS and the Gateway? I'm new to this entire scene and I am enjoying is so far. My first comp will be the 28th of May. Apologize if this is a stupid question in advance. Still learning.

I ordered mine with the optional inner coating that is the game changer in my opinion. I have no idea how it works but it's pure magic.

I'm still relatively new to the Gateways, but I can tell you the immediate differences I've seen. The biggest one that affects the food in my opinion is the velocity that air moves through the smoker. I don't know why, but maybe because of those long intake pipes, the Gateways seem to push much more air through the exhaust than my UDS did. Other than that, I just love the fit and finish of all of them. There are all kinds of small details that they've thought of and put into the design of the drums, like the removable inner liner, the hook on the lid, and how easy it is to open and close the intakes and exhaust.

All that being said, my favorite part about the Gateway Drums is that I didn't have to build them. I understand that some people might not have the budget to go out and buy them, and I think you could probably build your own drums that put out great meat. I just personally preferred being able to buy them off the shelf and get a product that has proven to be a winner.

I picked them up yesterday. I am really excited to cook this weekend. This idea of hanging ribs/any other meat looks fun! First items to be cooked, 2 butts and a mess o' chicken for a party.

Love my GDS!

11071403_10204024895642590_1388887030880848591_n.jpg

Unknown BBQ. I have one on my WSM sand it's good stuff. It will probably last longer than the smoker.

Back