Newbie from St. Louis

Tsevg9

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Greetings,

My name is Tyler and I just started to get into BBQn a few weeks ago. My pops gave me an old smoker that he had sitting around and I decided to figure out what this whole thing was all about. I know it's just a little cheapie MeCo smoker, but it was free and it'll get the job done for now.

I'm from St. Louis, MO and I have a tenant from Kansas City, MO who has been teaching me everything he knows about BBQ'n (which is mostly how to drink the beer).

So far, I've only only smoked chicken breasts (test burn to see how the smoker held it's heat). And last weekend I smoked some pork chops for 2 hours (with a few modifications to the MeCo. I took a few pictures of my cook, but I can't figure out how to post the pics (help anyone?). It was raining the entire time during the chops, so that was a fun experience as well.

ANYWHO! Thanks for welcoming me to the Brethren. I've already read a TON of Q Talk and hope to fire up the smoker one of these days for a nice long pulled pork cook.

Thanks,
Tyler
IMG_20130501_172325_zps6714be79.jpg

The MeCo cheapo Smoker

IMG_20130501_172310_zpsc7f51d4e.jpg

Modding the MeCo to restrict airflow since this smoker is not sealed on the bottom

IMG_20130503_170440_zpsc1dce4e7.jpg

My makeshift set up for smoking in the rain

IMG_20130503_171357_zps2fc734aa.jpg

The finished chops. Cooked to 145 and nice n juicy.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Tyler, glad to have you aboard!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back