• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Used the New Maverick ET-732

Sweet. Thx Steve. Will keep an eye out for when web orders are being accepted again.

I sure wish the 732 offered calibration - mine is several degrees off and quite frankly it pis$es me off that I can't correct it....

What are using as a reference?

2 Thermapens and a Guru probe that are within 1 degree of each other... The ET732 reads a consistent 6 degrees lower... At least it's consistent :tsk:

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. Thx.

PHP:
Thats the kind of thing I was afraid of by just letting it hang!Or stressing out the cables.
Any one have a good set-up for the WSM ?

I hang my ET-732 on my wind block, which I set up regardless of wind.

i've had mine feb. use mine at least weekly first pit probe went bad right away. they took care of it quickly. since then no problems as of yet cross my fingers

I had the same problem with my first probe. Notified Maverick and they send a replacement. Hope it was an issue with the original probes shipped. It does have a much better range than previous models.

picked one up from here. I have the older model so I hope the range is better in my house!

2 Thermapens and a Guru probe that are within 1 degree of each other... The ET732 reads a consistent 6 degrees lower... At least it's consistent :tsk:

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. Thx.
Are you testing in boiling water? If you are what is the boiling temp at your elevation?

since march I've had a food probe and grate probe go bad, good customer service though.

Steve,
Thanks for the fast shipping! Very nice!!!

So, I received the 2-732 units along with extra-long probes.

So far, so good. All temp readings are the same (food and cooker) at room temps.

I do have a question: If I am using both units in the same area, how do I know if the receiver is picking up the temps from the correct probe ends?

This might be a thought at a competition in that a receiver might be reading someone elses temp probes.

No?

wallace

Steve,
Thanks for the fast shipping! Very nice!!!

How do I know if the receiver is picking up the temps from the correct probe ends?
You are welcome. I am glad you got it so quickly. :-D

Dont worry about using two units. Set up one first then set up the second and you will be fine.

Last edited:
You are welcome. I am glad you got it so quickly. :-D

Dont worry about using two units. Set up one first then set up the second and you will fine.

Cool! I'll give them a try tomorrow. Again, thanks for the quick shipping and the extra pellets. (BTW, You really gotta try Royal Oak - Chefs Select! :smile: )

wallace

Back