Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5" Cover Frustration

I think I have a new one. It goes on easy and hasn't stiffened in cold.

Had an old one, finally threw it away, I just reverse the middle section, open one bottom vent and the top vent and put the water pan over the top, no rain , no mold...

I found that my weber 26 cover is very very tight and stiff as a board this time of year.
As smoke ninja said, it also holds in moisture, so I am using it over my UDS now, which fills with water if not covered appropriately.

Cheers neighbor

The wsm will not take on water if you flip the middle section upside down. My uds also needs a cover so I use my old akorn cover for that

Interesting. I think my cover is the original one. 10 years outside in New England weather. It’s a battle every time.
Maybe it was wet and froze solid? All I remember is grabbing it and it felt like brittle plastic breaking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They redesigned the WSM cover a few years back and I picked up one for my 22.5. It's a little bit more loose than the old one and it's a thinner material. I find it doesn't get as stiff in the cold weather and it breathes better letting any moisture that got in, out. You might give it a shot depending on if you have the older cover or not.

My WMS is only a year old... so it's likely that my cover is of the new design. Which could be why mine is fine

Back