MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
SmokeWatcher
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Need to get my fix...

Picked me up a load of oak, pecan and apple wood today, I was running low. I went shopping and grabbed some beers, chicken wings, a few fatties and some beef ribs to get my smoke on. It'll be a short smoke, only a few hours but it'll be good to get the fires burning again.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

I keep being too dang dern busy myself . . . I try to practice my new-found art at least every other weekend - but truth be told, I'd be out there every single night if I could find a way to afford - and something to do with - all that meat. One time I fired up the smoker just to fire it up. I think I had one package of hot dogs - but the smell and fun of playing with the fire and smoke is always just a hoot.
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
Puppyboy
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QansasjayhawQ View Post
One time I fired up the smoker just to fire it up. I think I had one package of hot dogs - but the smell and fun of playing with the fire and smoke is always just a hoot.
You know you're Brethren if you go though all that work for a single pack of dogs. Gotta love it.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
perky182
Got Wood.

I also love my new found passion. The wife thinks I'm addicted to the smoke. Especially when I told her I was getting up at 4:45 this morning to get the fire going. I ended up getting the Picnic shoulder on around 0600. Hopefully it will be done for dinner. Just in case, I plan on throwing some thighs on for backup and lunch next week.
[B] ______________________________________
[/B][B]Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Spirit E210
Weber Smokey Mountain
[/B]
perky182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
SmokeWatcher
is one Smokin' Farker

I also enjoy walking by the cold pit and smelling the residual smoke, just gets my salivating.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

I know the feeling...I find myself planning the weekend smokes all week long...and if I can't smoke I get grumpy! LOL! There is definitely something to that smoke addiction thing!

JD
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
jacob
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bobby

When I can't cook I've started firing up my new Klose to heat it up a little. And the wipe down the inside to clean, and re oil the thing. Funny thing is that it don't really need it. No signs of rust. The racks in that thing clean up like a dream. I do enjoy smelling the smoke.
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote