2019 SW BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning

They blade the road 4 to 5 times a year. It is hard to say what condition it will be in. We do live in the national forest 10 miles off pavement. I have 4x4's so if we need to bring people out we can. I would not suggest a trailer over 25' unless you are very knowledgeable and experienced driving in the mountains. The biggest thing I see is people getting the brakes over heated. I have been there done that! If any one has questions or concerns please feel free to let me know. If you want to camp out and have a GREAT TIME then this is something you won't want to miss! It is about 45 min. from Silver so that will give you an idea. Hope that helps.

Just back in the CONUS, and saw this pop up in my feed.

Checking the schedule and crossing fingers that I can deconflict work and life and 'cue. - Added myself as a Maybe to the sign-up sheet.

More to follow.

Thanks for keeping this running! Love it!

Just back in the CONUS, and saw this pop up in my feed.

Checking the schedule and crossing fingers that I can deconflict work and life and 'cue. - Added myself as a Maybe to the sign-up sheet.

More to follow.

Thanks for keeping this running! Love it!

Welcome home!!! Glad you made it back safely. What are your thoughts on Oasis State Park?

I haven't been to check it out... Not a whole lot of draw.

It IS close to Portales, and they do have a couple of motels and a good brewery/pizza joint (http://rooseveltbrewing.com).

Wife and I used to stay there when the daughter was going to college in Portales, but it's been a while. The camp grounds are clean with power and water. I don't know what the group shelter is like though. They have a fishing pond that is stocked with trout or cat depending on the time of the year. We wouldn't be able to have a big camp fire like we would down in Silver City at Gingo Loco's place. If you get a few minutes and would be willing to check out the group shelter that would be awesome

Only a few more weeks until the Spring Bash here in the Beautiful SW. The county has been blading the road this week. We are going to have such a Fanfreckintastic time again. I can't wait. I hope some of our Az and TX brothers will be able to come. It will be a great time!!

I will be there for sure.

I hope that some more of our Brethren will be able to make it as well.
If you are still trying to decide if you want to make the trip, let me assure you that it will be well worth it. We are going to have an awesome farking time!!!

My place is a little difficult to find. If you are planning on coming out, please send me a PM and I will give you directions. We are just outside of Silver City in the National forest.

2 weeks and counting

***2 more weeks***
Only 2 more weeks for the SW Spring Bash. Not sure who is going to be able to make it down to the Silver City, NM area for this, but we hope to see you there. Please PM Gringo Loco for directions. We are going to have it on his property. He lives just outside of Silver City.

Thank you,
Carl

It's looking iffy for me to make it - I start my new job 4/1/19, in the Chicago area 4/10 - 4/12 for a sales meeting and training. I'd have to drive down Saturday...

*sigh*.

Uncle Sam called again. I'm the "old guy" around the squadron, so I get to take the young kids out and work 'em hard during a big Joint Exercise that's honestly one of my favorite things to do if I can't be back home or smoking meats with you guys.

Please raise a glass in honor of The Night Wings if you think of it.

Night Wings Own The Night.

It's looking iffy for me to make it - I start my new job 4/1/19, in the Chicago area 4/10 - 4/12 for a sales meeting and training. I'd have to drive down Saturday...

Scott, That would be great if you could make it down again. If not, I'm going to really miss that apple pie. I wish you the best with your new job.

*sigh*.

Uncle Sam called again. I'm the "old guy" around the squadron, so I get to take the young kids out and work 'em hard during a big Joint Exercise that's honestly one of my favorite things to do if I can't be back home or smoking meats with you guys.

Please raise a glass in honor of The Night Wings if you think of it.

Night Wings Own The Night.

Marc, I understand, when Uncle Sam calls, you answer the phone. You bet we will raise a glass in honor of The Night Wings. God Speed!!

15615-MMS-1554039362847-attachment1-output1[3190].jpg
12 days to go!!

I hope some of our AZ and West TX brothers will be able to join us!! No need to drag a smoker along if you don't want to. Juanita is a 375 gallon RF. She can handle what ever we want to cook!! I also have a open flame bbq to do reverse sear or whatever you want to put on it.Hope everyone can at least for the day!

We are going to have a great time!!

Attachments

• 20190331_074514.jpg
    20190331_074514.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 43
attachment.php

This Bash will be farking awesome. I urge anyone that is in the Southeast Arizona, Southwest New Mexico, or Far West Texas area to come on over to Gringoloco's place. It's right on the edge of the Gila National Forest. There are no neighbors within earshot to complain about noise. There are lots of trees for shade.

A good time will be had by all. He's got acres of space so the more the merrier.

The green chile is ready to go. Along with a couple other surprises.

Wish I could make it, kids are arriving from Fort Drum sometime on the 13th.

Back