Such a hard decision!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Man tell ya what.. I don't see how you guys do it! Have multiple cookers and deciding what to cook on.. I'm torn between the silverbac and the vertical offset for my turkey cook.. So far the vertical offset seems to be the winner!

What cooker are you all going to cook thanksgiving feast on?

The Shirley normally gets the call but we are having an early meal so it's probably gonna be the Mak this year. .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Absolutely... turkey breasts and ribs at 1500° ;)

Pics please! talk about a crispy skin! Well I think the missus is set on a stuffed bird.. with BBQ rub on it cooked on the offset.. I'll be adding a pan of scalloped potato's too. Just her and I this year so the rest of the stuff is coming from boxes/cans. The rest of the family is gathering somewhere else. I'm staying home! LOL

Excepting my vertical wood fired, all I have are drums of different sizes.

So the size of the cook pretty much dictates which cooker gets used.

From what I have seen from you, Blazin', you can cook a King's Feast over a trash can. :-D

Rock on, Brother! :-D

Usually the pellet for thanksgiving meal, this year we are on the road and just 3 of us. Fixin to wrangle a big breast in the oven or on a gasser I found out back

Usually the pellet for thanksgiving meal, this year we are on the road and just 3 of us. Fixin to wrangle a big breast in the oven or on a gasser I found out back

You're a wild man!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sure y'all can make it happen.

If you weren't on the other side of the hill, I'd be there to help.

I think it's hard to beat a pellet grill for poultry. I'll be using my Smokefire.

Wsm. Doing a hot temp dry run. Ok ok I like the smell of smoke.

I usually just consider the end result and what will best suit that. I went through a 'if it isn't smoked, it's garbage' phase. But now I'm at the 'produce the best possible result' phase. There are many things that benefit from the smoker, so I'll use that. But I'm also not afraid to use the griddle, the sous vide, or the instant pot, if I can see an improvement.

I recently made a post about this same subject. I do have multiple cookers and sometimes it's a struggle to decide which one I want to use.

For today's cook I think I'm going to use the Good One Marshall.

Back