A delicious failure

TinCup

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I decided to try out a new dough recipe that I found for pizza the other night. I made the dough the night before and let it rise in the fridge for about 18 hours before I pulled it out. I completely forgot to pull the dough and let it heat up to room temperature so when I tried to make the shape of the pizza it was a bit difficult and very thick. I threw it on the Grill Dome at 600* for about 10 minutes on an elevated rack with a pizza stone. The pizza was the best I have made so far but it was a bit too thick. I also had some great beers to wash it down with. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• Pizza 001.jpg
    Pizza 001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Pizza 002.jpg
    Pizza 002.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Pizza 003.jpg
    Pizza 003.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Pizza 004.jpg
    Pizza 004.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 230
Thats a good looking THICK crust pizza right there! Never heard of Harpoon or Nelson but looks like a great combo.

I like working with warm dough myself maybe just a little under room temp so it is cool to the touch.

Edit:
What is the dough recipe you used?

If you're ever have a free afternoon in Boston be sure to stop be the Harpoon Brewery. It's a little hard to find, but well worth it. Tuesday-Friday at 4:00 PM and Saturday mornings they are open for free tastings. You get one hour to drink as much beer as you can while they tell you about their beers. :p

Thanks guys! The dough is from the Pizzamaking forums and is called Tom Lehmann's NY style pizza. Here are the ingredients.

High-gluten flour, 11.80 oz. (about 2 1/2 c.)
Water, 7.70 oz. (about 1 c.) (about 65% hydration)
IDY, 0.20 oz. (1 1/2 t.) [Edit: See Note below]
Salt, 0.20 oz. (3/4 t.)
Olive oil (light), 0.12 oz. (3/4 t.)

The beers were excellent! I really liked the Harpoon, it was really good. If you see it in the store grab a bottle it is well worth it.

Grinder, thanks for the heads up. I would love to tour the brewery.

Happy New Year!

If you're ever have a free afternoon in Boston be sure to stop be the Harpoon Brewery. It's a little hard to find, but well worth it. Tuesday-Friday at 4:00 PM and Saturday mornings they are open for free tastings. You get one hour to drink as much beer as you can while they tell you about their beers. :p
The Moosehead brewery is 1 hr away and they do the same thing,good thing it is that far or I would have to sample every batch.
Nice looking pie,cant wait to try one.

Back