new braunfels grill

A

a55bag

well I moved from texas to california and I left my nb grill there. Im somewhat situated here and Im looking to buy another grill. I really loved that grill it had a fire box under the main chamber so it doubled as a smoker but I cant seem to find it anywhere. I have a nb bandera and a newly completed uds so Im thinking I should just get a weber performer or something like a bge or something. Any advice?

I agree with Larry and Norco. Depends on how much money you are willing to spend. I would like to have a large Green Egg but having a hard time coming up with $1000.00 plus assessories. I saw a post the other day and a fellow brethern had a insert called the Smoke E-Z sitting on top of the bottom kettle which basically made it into a crude WSM. It's like having the best of both worlds. Went to his website and even talked to the man that has the insert made and sells them. I'm ordering one to try it myself. Just my opinion as I am definitely a Weber fan.

I am pretty partial to my Big Green Egg. If you want something that you can basically set and forget, they are the ticket. I only need to light it and add wood chunks one time. I have kept briskets on at 220 for over 12 hours several times, and never had to add charcoal of wood and no water pan is required. Extremely efficient and the meat always comes out moist and delicious.

Is this what it looked like?
http://www.thehomechef.net/black_dog_grill.htm

Sams sells them
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=428160

Personally I would get a Weber Performer. You could get a Smokinator or Cajun Bandit to add to it.

I forgot about the Cajun Bandit until I had already posted. Now I'm thinking about ordering it over the Smoke E-Z. Looks like it is better quality but also a little more expensive. I would also like to have the stainless E-Z-Que Kettle Rotisserie since Weber has discontinued theirs. Maybe I just need to buy an Extra Large Green Egg.

yeah I have been eyeing the performer I have been finding them on craigslist for around 250 used and in lowes for 350 which isnt bad compared to an egg. However an egg is well an egg

I'm kind of wondering why you would leave a perfectly good New Braunfels grill behind in Texas. If it was because of space I would have left the dining room table or a child behind...

I agree with Larry and Norco. Depends on how much money you are willing to spend. I would like to have a large Green Egg but having a hard time coming up with $1000.00 plus assessories. I saw a post the other day and a fellow brethern had a insert called the Smoke E-Z sitting on top of the bottom kettle which basically made it into a crude WSM. It's like having the best of both worlds. Went to his website and even talked to the man that has the insert made and sells them. I'm ordering one to try it myself. Just my opinion as I am definitely a Weber fan.

You speaking of the Smokenator 1000?

http://www.smokenator.com/

or the Cajun Bandit?

I know Swamp has one. He seems to like it.

Back