• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

read this!! CancersucksChicago..... Spur the moment Brethren fundraiser

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Folks..

25 years ago this week, I lost my older sister to Breast cancer and it always gets me thinking. Hows my mom doing without her daughter?, what did I miss by her not being here?.... why did her treatment work, then just all of a sudden stop.?

This reminded me that I haven't given to CancerSucks yet this year, so I got online to transfer some $$ to the Cancersucks fund on behalf of us(i do this anually).

Soooo....instead, I thought,..instead of going in alone this time, wait a few days and why not try to add a few extra $$ to the Cancersucks donation on behalf of us. Its been a while since we did one.

So, I look to u guys. Its cancer, it sucks, its taken loved ones from so many of us, and Scottie, a long time Brethren, is spearheading Cancersucks BBQ to help fund research. If just one of those dollars we give him can be the one inside a breakthrough that cures or protects one of our children in 20 years, its worth a million bucks.

So, I ask from you... whatever u can spare.. No expectations, no pressure.. This will run only until Tuesday, is totally spur the moment and unsolicited..Where I usually get buy in from the mods and Srs before doing things like this, this time no one knew about it except me and its running fast. So anything u can spare.... a buck, $5, $10.... goes to Cancersucks on Wednesday.

I have started the fund with $100. Hopefully Scotties at a contest and wont be checking in till next week. :) It will be a nice surprise to know his friends were thinking of him. I know what we are capable of.... be great it we show it off. :)

Heres the button to make it easy.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/cancersucks.htm

Thanks in advance!

Done!
Thanks Phil!
I lost my mom to cancer 2 years ago, good friend last August to cancer.

Scottie just GC'ed Taste of Grand Rapids so with this it will be a good couple of days for the CancerSucksChicago family.

Congratulations Scottie and family!

Donation on the way.

I lost my Mom to that farking disease and I will do whatever I can to help with this. Amber and I both are very passionate about this and we will make a donation but IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO PLEASE LET HER OR I KNOW..... ALAN

I lost my wife 22 years ago - she almost made 36. I'm in.

I want to donate, but can't, the donate button isn't working on my end :(

EDIT: the top button works, I just donated :-D! but the bottom button still no worky

Done. Almost 2 years ago I lost my mom. She was going through Chemo when she passed. Many of the brethren raised a glass in her honor the night before I left for Alabama to lay her to rest. The least I can do is help another brethren in his fight.

My dad is currently fighting the fight and lost my mother-in-law three weeks ago. ~donation made

Done, glad to help. FYI it probably came from JRK Enterprises? Maybe? What do I know, they just send the money where I tell them.:becky:

Done! I lost my mom 16 years ago. 7 years ago I went through sugary and then radiation treatments 2 years later. If there are no signs October this year then I will be officially in remission. I also support the local groups at work, last time I smoked up a Bacon Explosion that was sliced up and sold at lunch.

Done,

Scottie is a great guy with a great cause.

Thanks for putting this together Phil.

TIM

Last edited:
This past Monday I lost a friend and mentor to a two year battle with cancer. I'm in, donation sent.

Back