MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default CancersucksChicago..... Spur the moment Brethren fundraiser

Folks..

25 years ago this week, I lost my older sister to Breast cancer and it always gets me thinking. Hows my mom doing without her daughter?, what did I miss by her not being here?.... why did her treatment work, then just all of a sudden stop.?

This reminded me that I haven't given to CancerSucks yet this year, so I got online to transfer some $$ to the Cancersucks fund on behalf of us(i do this anually).

Soooo....instead, I thought,..instead of going in alone this time, wait a few days and why not try to add a few extra $$ to the Cancersucks donation on behalf of us. Its been a while since we did one.

So, I look to u guys. Its cancer, it sucks, its taken loved ones from so many of us, and Scottie, a long time Brethren, is spearheading Cancersucks BBQ to help fund research. If just one of those dollars we give him can be the one inside a breakthrough that cures or protects one of our children in 20 years, its worth a million bucks.

So, I ask from you... whatever u can spare.. No expectations, no pressure.. This will run only until Tuesday, is totally spur the moment and unsolicited..Where I usually get buy in from the mods and Srs before doing things like this, this time no one knew about it except me and its running fast. So anything u can spare.... a buck, $5, $10.... goes to Cancersucks on Wednesday.

I have started the fund with $100. Hopefully Scotties at a contest and wont be checking in till next week. :) It will be a nice surprise to know his friends were thinking of him. I know what we are capable of.... be great it we show it off. :)

Heres the button to make it easy.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/cancersucks.htm

Thanks in advance!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Done!
Thanks Phil!
I lost my mom to cancer 2 years ago, good friend last August to cancer.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Scottie just GC'ed Taste of Grand Rapids so with this it will be a good couple of days for the CancerSucksChicago family.

Congratulations Scottie and family!

Donation on the way.

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Bump!
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
Alan in Ga
is One Chatty Farker

I lost my Mom to that farking disease and I will do whatever I can to help with this. Amber and I both are very passionate about this and we will make a donation but IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO PLEASE LET HER OR I KNOW..... ALAN
[SIZE=3]Golden Goose Egg(4 Times Certified)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Stumps 223 ,2 UDS,NB Hondo[/SIZE]
Alan in Ga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
Mitch
is One Chatty Farker

I lost my wife 22 years ago - she almost made 36. I'm in.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

I want to donate, but can't, the donate button isn't working on my end :(

EDIT: the top button works, I just donated ! but the bottom button still no worky
FEC-100's
KCBS, FBA Judge
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
BBQchef33

bottom button is fixed.. Thanks everyone!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 07-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Since this isn't in Competition, Scottie will probably never see it

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #10
BBQchef33

theres a locked redirect in competition to here.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
Big Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

Done. Almost 2 years ago I lost my mom. She was going through Chemo when she passed. Many of the brethren raised a glass in her honor the night before I left for Alabama to lay her to rest. The least I can do is help another brethren in his fight.

Big Mike
Eagle River Barbecue
Yoder YS640
Stumps Platinum 5 Trailer
Members Mark 8 Burner Gasser
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
ipls3355
is one Smokin' Farker

My dad is currently fighting the fight and lost my mother-in-law three weeks ago. ~donation made

Crankin out Q on my ECB since 2005
UDS born September, 2007
22" Weber Kettle
18" Weber Kettle
ipls3355 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
This Is How We Que It
On the road to being a farker

I just donated. Happy to do so.
This Is How We Que It is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Done, glad to help. FYI it probably came from JRK Enterprises? Maybe? What do I know, they just send the money where I tell them.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #15
Crazy Harry
is Blowin Smoke!

Done! I lost my mom 16 years ago. 7 years ago I went through sugary and then radiation treatments 2 years later. If there are no signs October this year then I will be officially in remission. I also support the local groups at work, last time I smoked up a Bacon Explosion that was sliced up and sold at lunch.

[URL]http://www.teddybearcreations-wa.com[/URL]
Note to mods: is the back link ok?
When all else fails ......
Crazy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote