Tender Ribs- 3 1/2 And Down

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Tips, regulars(irregulars) gristles, Bag of breaks. Secret sauces, salt & pepper. Family, neighborhood, grandfathered pits. And my favorite Tender Bones. I enjoy reading the history of Barbecue (and it’s many spellings). The majority of my BBQ books read like history books. Every page tells different story. I love this stuff.
It occurs to me that historical barbecue is a long way from competition barbecue but resembles backyard barbecue, as I know it. I think that’s why I like the documentary shows on The Carolinas BBQ. History. Texas was cooking pig a long time ago. It’s documented in its history. Not the current high profile open at 11 close by 3pm, but those neighborhood QJoints that were throwing smoke serving fall off the bone tender ribs at midnight.
We didn’t smoke foods growing up.
Missed it.

I'm an absolute addict when it comes to documentaries about regional cooking and styles and where the influences came from... probably why I enjoy Alton Brown's Good Eats, Reloaded, and Return of the Eats so much, he has the dives into the history, even if its a little light at times, and shows like Man, Fire, Food.

Origins and regional influences of Bar-B-Que always interest me, and if you pay attention there can be a lot of interesting cooking things to try...

Also love the whole history of Spirits and the regional variations there too - Scotch, Irish, Bourbon - tasting for flavor profiles...

Back