Restaurant Depot Membership via KCBS

ammoore

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
From the KCBS Website
Restaurant Depot Membership KCBS Members can now receive a free membership to Restaurant Depot. Present your current KCBS membership card and the access number 5717668 to receive your Restaurant Depot card today.

OK...so I went in to the nearest RD and guess what...I was told I can not get a card because there are multiple people already registered to the KCBS account. The lady said she could however give me a temp. one day pass.

I just wanted to check it out so the one day pass was ok. I wasn't in the mood to argue with her but logically if there are already multiple people registered under the KCBS account, then having multiple people on one account isn't an issue.

Just curious if anyone else had any success using this "free membership to Restaurant Depot". I was impressed with their meat selection and would like to use them for my contest meat going forward.

May want to contact the KCBS office to seek resolution. Or maybe one of the BOD members will see this.

Our RD manager was not aware of it either. I asked them when we were in last time how many folks had taken advantage of it, he had never heard of it... so I showed him the Bullsheet, and he was still clueless lol

We encountered this on the island. I told them that I was using their "tax ID number" from KCBS and registering it under my name. Bingo, it worked. Oh It'z BBQ is registered at RD. Now if there was one closer than 90 minutes away. Scott

Large, spread out corporation... slow communication within. I'm surprised that of all places, the RD in Kansas City would not know. Maybe it takes awhile.

Haha!! The nearest RD from me is in Denver, I believe. A 6 hour one way drive!

Might be sending KCBS some money :>)

We have run into the same problem with trying to get a membership for the GLBBQA members. It is free to anyone with a Business Tax ID or paperwork from the State, but some of our members (both KCBS and GLBBQA) are not businesses that could really benefit from the savings that you can get from RD. I hope it is worked out soon.

Yes, there has been some confusion regarding this benefit.

I was to RD twice and in between had spoken to the store manager who was going to check with corporate.

Long story short, I have a card, and I don't think tha they did it the right way, but I have to assume that they know their business better than I do. :wink:

I'd suggest we leave the tax issue out of the discussion from this point on.

I have a card that we use for all the church dinners. I is great quality and a price that we can have dinner fund raisers and make a decent profit.

Jorge, if I could just add, that when I signed up I told them that I would be paying taxes on all purchases. She said no problem, that way I did not have to produce a tax exempt number of any kind. Scott

Mod note: I've done some cleanup on paying taxes. That issue is not relevant to the original intent of this thread.

I've left the post from Yakfishingfool, for those that had been following this, to make sure that his clarification of what he'd done was clear to all.

contacted rd and they said i would need a tax exempt letter from kcbs so i e-mailed them and waiting for a reply will keep you posted
thanks
Ron :p:p

RD Cards

Hello, if anyone has a problem with a restaurant depot and getting a card, please e-mail me at ggoycochea@kcbs.us, I will handle this for you....

Thanks,

Gene

Rd does have on file at corporate a tax letter, tell them to check with corporate and to read their e-mails...

Does anyone know how this came about? Was it an idea from the BOD? KCBS office? Either way, I think it's great.

-Mike

As per Yak, there was some confusion at our local Bohemia RD. I had filled things out and picked up two cards, thinking others could as well. Scott stopped by later and they told him Wes had picked up the cards already. Anywho, he got it sorted out and I went back last weekend and got a new card in my team name. I think they will get it all sorted out in due time according to the front desk and the mgt team. You can get it done with just the number posted already, no need for the follow up certificate as best I can tell..

Back