Now THATS a Ribeye!

JiveTurkey

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Local megamart had ribeyes on sale. Then I looked in the meat case and saw this beauty, just had to have it. My stomach hurts now.

DSC02252.jpg

It was so big I had to finish it indirect for 15 minutes.

BAM!

DSC02257.jpg

I just had to share.

Beeyooteeefull. And large to boot.

That might be the prettiest ribeye I've ever seen! Mmmmmm....

Boo yow!! Love a fat ribeye. That is one fat baby there!

Thats like well over an inch thick, great looking meal by itself.

Looks like a mini Standing Rib Roast laying down, Nice lines in that one, Ribeye the King of steaks as far as I am concerned , Bet it tasted great, I assume you didn't need any sides with that,lol...

It should definitely be Sir Ribeye instead of sirloin!

I steamed some squash and had beans on the side. It was a bellyfull.

Funny thing is that its raining like mad here in CA right now so I figured I would just fire up the gasser and grill it real quick so I didn't have to mess with charcoal on this wicked rainy day. I then came to my senses that there was no way a ribeye like that was getting cooked on gas. I fired up the Weber Performer (that I got the other day off craigslist for $50) and cooked it the right way. Glad I did too, it was good eatin!

Edit: Add Pic of newly aquired Weber:

DSC02255.jpg

I steamed some squash and had beans on the side. It was a bellyfull.

Funny thing is that its raining like mad here in CA right now so I figured I would just fire up the gasser and grill it real quick so I didn't have to mess with charcoal on this wicked rainy day. I then came to my senses that there was no way a ribeye like that was getting cooked on gas. I fired up the Weber Performer (that I got the other day off craigslist for $50) and cooked it the right way. Glad I did too, it was good eatin!

Edit: Add Pic of newly aquired Weber:

DSC02255.jpg

:shock::frown::confused: !!OMG!! :eek::icon_sick:cry:

:frown: I could not believe that you had the temerity to say that here!
You recovered nicely by the end of the paragraph though.
Then that pic of the performer lifted you up a little. Okay.
It almost makes it worse; however, for you to consider cooking that steak on gas, when you have that great Weber.

Man, I'm going to let it slide this time, since I see you're fairly new but you better get out your BBQ conversation filter and use it. Or learn to duck.
Just kidding, you could have used the gas to cook the sides and safely shared that here. :-D

You know the other day when you got that score and I said I didn't like you very much? Well now I don't like you even more! that steak looked AMAZING!

Nice ribeye! I always buy thick cut steaks since I can get the char I like on the outside and still keep it rare- med rare in the middle.

Great looking steak you have excuse me "had" there. I like that Weber Perfomer. I might just look into one those.

Thats some fine lookin beef critter there. The performer aint too shabby either. Nice job. :icon_cool

Back