MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
bbqbrad
On the road to being a farker

Default Myrtle Beach

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let me start with saying I understand that your job is difficult. I would not want to be in your shoes. I respect what you do for kcbs.

The new members ran under a understanding of nothing held back from the members. Then there was a problem in Tennesee. The board came down on the problem. And there were punishments. Some members spoke about those punishments. I supported the board in those punishments. But now there have been problems with the contest in Myrtle Beach with the reps.

I hope the board will look at this issue with open eyes. I have not seen posts by board members about these issues. I hope that the board will address these issues and punish the reps that were supposed to oversee this contest. All I ask is the same concern is given to this problem.

Thank you for your time.
hotforteacherbbq.com
[COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Thermapen Owner[/COLOR]
bbqbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 09-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqbrad View Post

I hope the board will look at this issue with open eyes. I have not seen posts by board members about these issues. I hope that the board will address these issues and punish the reps that were supposed to oversee this contest. All I ask is the same concern is given to this problem.

Thank you for your time.
Brad the majority of the KCBS board of directors does not read the Brethren forum. Even though the heading of this section of the forum is "For the Board" it is not an official way to communicate with the board of directors. If you or anyone else feels strongly about this issue or any other issue I suggest you contact the board via email. I can assure you there were plenty of emails regarding the McMinnville issue both regarding the incident itself and the punishment that the board enforced.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
bbqbrad

In the June Board Notes...

"Mike Peters

I make the motion to pay Roger Wise of KCBS team Pickin Porkers $400 for their contest win (2nd place brisket) at the Smoke on the Beach contest held in Myrtle Beach, SC on August 31, 2012.

Don Harwell second

9 yes, 1 no (Shupe) Motion passed

I make the motion to not sanction the 2013 Smoke on the Beach contest to be held in Myrtle Beach, SC on August 31 (which is being promoted on their website as a KCBS sanctioned event) until the $400 is reimbursed to KCBS.

Dave Compton Second

9 yes, 1 no (Shupe), motion passed

- See more at: http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=656#sthash.87mJno1K.dpuf"
hotforteacherbbq.com
Old 06-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

LOL! Was Tana the rep?
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Doc, did you have to ask?
Smoke'n Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 06-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
bbqbrad

Yep!!
hotforteacherbbq.com
Old 06-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Just passing through, but since I was mentioned in this thread by some one else, I'll say it's nice to know that some people get nine months, cool heads, and a pass from the rep BOD member when they are punished, then an easy path at redemption, while others only get 72 hours and the hammer. At least we were both told to pay to get out of punishment.

Back to my corner...

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
Candy Sue
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqbrad View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let me start with saying I understand that your job is difficult. I would not want to be in your shoes. I respect what you do for kcbs.

The new members ran under a understanding of nothing held back from the members. Then there was a problem in Tennesee. The board came down on the problem. And there were punishments. Some members spoke about those punishments. I supported the board in those punishments. But now there have been problems with the contest in Myrtle Beach with the reps.

Thank you for your time.
Any rep issue in Myrtle Beach last year, was handled last year. The current problem had nothing to do with the reps, but rather an issue that the organizer had with a team and the organizer's response to that problem. The motion proposed, voted and accepted solves this problem.

Any KCBS member can listen to the last open meeting with every detail on the mp3 file. Before going into closed session, I read the agenda. After that part is done, we re-adjourn the open meeting, bring up motions for votes that result from the discussions in closed session.
Candy Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

I wish there was a way to communicate with the members that's a little friendlier than "listen to a three hour podcast". Ain't nobody got time for that.
Thanks from: --->
Old 06-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Candy Sue
is one Smokin' Farker

I agree. But how could that be provided without a biased slant? Only way to really know (and form your own opinion) what goes on is to listen to the meeting.
Candy Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #11
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

How about just telling the truth? Somebody sum it up for us. What was the thinking when reinstating this rep? It seems like a fair question.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbbq View Post
How about just telling the truth? Somebody sum it up for us. What was the thinking when reinstating this rep? It seems like a fair question.
Sorry I jumped over to the other issue but it still seems like a fair way to do it.

The question is "Why are we (KCBS) paying $400?"

And I'd still like an answer to the question about the reinstated rep.

Again, these seem like fair questions.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
Here Piggy Piggy
Found some matches.

Please excuse me should I type something incorrectly other than my opinion. New to this forum and want to play by all the rules, both on this forum and in regards to my position as a director of KCBS.

I can only speak for what you can listen to as a KCBS member on what you can find on the downloaded BOD meeting.

I made the motion to pay out monies to Roger Wise/Pickin Porkers. They competed in a Fri/Sat contest and placed 2nd place in the brisket category. The payout was $400. Bottom line was the contest stopped payment on that check based upon something that occured on Sunday. All of this happened last year prior to my election on the board and had not been resolved.
The second motion made was that KCBS needs to be reimbursed that $400 before KCBS sanctions the contest again.

As to the reinstated Rep, I believe that the rep is reinstated as a Rep Trainee and will have to go through required trainee responsibilities such as shadowing current contest representatives before coming back before the BOD to be voted upon for approval.

I hope that this answers your questions and I look forward to interacting more on this forum when I can.

Mike Peters
[email protected]
Old 06-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Thank you Mike. Unfortunately it seems that the "Exec Session" nonsense limits what you can say but at least we can skip the 3 hour podcast.

As for the rep. well I understand that it's just allowing him to be a trainee, but I'd question training a guy who has that track record.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #15
BMerrill
Full Fledged Farker

I was at the Myrtle Beach Contest last year. The location is a great venue to have a contest but that was quickly marred by how poorly it was run by both the reps and the organizers. From talking with several other teams that were there, even if KCBS sanctions the contest, no one is returning. If you dare to enter you have been forewarned. There are much better ways of spending your Labor Day weekend in Myrtle Beach. Skip the contest; hit the beach, take in a show, or do some shopping at the outlets.
BMerrill is offline   Reply With Quote