• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pumped about a Stumps!

Reignman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well, if all goes well, come Monday I'll be the proud papa of a new-to-me Stumps Baby! I'm really pumped about this.

Quick question to the Brethren: How easy/difficult would it be to load the Baby into a pickup truck? I know it has some heft but could a couple guys hoist it in safely?

Cheers,
R.

That Baby weighs close to 400 pounds. It would take a couple of very strong guys to hoist it up into the bed of a pickup. I would try to find a third victim [er--helper].

I think you could use a 1/2' sheet of plywood leaned onto the tailgatevand use it to lay the baby on the back and slid it into the pickup tailgate and into the bed. Use cardboard and blankets to protect Stump's beautiful paint job. I have a xl baby and it's a beast! I used this method to get it up 4 steps onto my deck. If you take out all the grates and ball valve it might reduce some weight. At this point every reduced pound maters.

Thanks guys. Will definitely protect the Baby to make sure she doesn't get all scratched up in the process. Looking forward to posting some pics and getting it all fired up next week!

Congrats! Nothing like the excitement of getting a new cooker.

I think you could use a 1/2' sheet of plywood leaned onto the tailgatevand use it to lay the baby on the back and slid it into the pickup tailgate and into the bed. Use cardboard and blankets to protect Stump's beautiful paint job. I have a xl baby and it's a beast! I used this method to get it up 4 steps onto my deck. If you take out all the grates and ball valve it might reduce some weight. At this point every reduced pound maters.

We do something like this with our backwoods. I have back braces for them and tilt them into the back of my truck. Though the Stumps weighs more. Be careful and get a 3rd or 4th guy :mrgreen:

WOOT! Just got her home and time to setup. Everything looked perfect and will post some pics as soon as she's out of the truck. It feels like Christmas morning! :)

I like watching Stump cook too! He says 'Stump don't make no junk'.

Here she is...time to get cooking! :)

Stumps%20Tri-pic.jpg

Those pics are nice and all, but get that thing DIRTY for God's sake! Get some smoke in it! We wanna see meat pr0n!

CONGRATS on the score. Christmas morning is a great way to describe the feeling! I get my BWS on July 8th and feel like a kid at the beginning of December, ANTICIPATION is KILLING me!

Nice looking baby, you will love it!

So how did you get it in and out of the truck?

Like Kramer moving the Merv Griffin set...just turned it sideways and hooked it! :) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIhjqPfFFIA&feature"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIhjqPfFFIA&feature[/ame]

Sorry to digress...Seinfeld is a fav show. I parked the truck on a slight incline so the tailgate was closer to the ground. Since the Stumps was on its back, my spouse and I then just eased it slowly to the edge of the tailgate and gently tipped it down onto its wheels. Went quite smoothly though I wouldn't want to do this on a regular basis. If I want to transport again, I'll look at either a trailer or some kind of ramp.

Those pics are nice and all, but get that thing DIRTY for God's sake! Get some smoke in it! We wanna see meat pr0n!

CONGRATS on the score. Christmas morning is a great way to describe the feeling! I get my BWS on July 8th and feel like a kid at the beginning of December, ANTICIPATION is KILLING me!

You are correct...time to stop posing and get to smoking! It won't do it itself. :) will be picking up ribs tomorrow and some lump so I can get started. Hope to share the first cook with you guys.

Enjoy that backwoods....July can't get here quick enough!

Back